Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Small Engines ATVs Go Karts and Lawn Mowers etc
Small Engines ATVs Go Karts and Lawn Mowers etc From ATVs to Watercraft, Go karts to Lawn Mowers, discuss your small engines here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 09:30 PM   #1
andrgo
AF Newbie

Exclamation Scooters/Gas bikes

I was wondering if anyone here happens to have a small scooter, something like these little $300 things:

I was thinking about getting one for basic home-to-work transportation, but holy crap the tires are tiny. Does anyone know how these things drive or how those tiny tires react to pavement/gravel?

If not a small scooter, then I was thinking of just getting a motorized gas bicycle (about $500) like this:

Opinions/advice on either or both?
andrgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:32 AM   #2
brian88
AF Newbie

Re: Scooters/Gas bikes

at work ive done work on a cycle like this and it was a very good bike you need to make sure to store it properly in the winter (fil it with some sort of fuelfresh and run the carb dry) it will run for many years without problems and it has a decent amount of power depending on what you want to do with it plus if you run out of gas you still pedal it.
brian88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 06:23 PM   #3
AMGalltheway
AF Enthusiast

i have tomos targa lx kinda old but it still works great look on ebay or some such nonsense great gas mileage and depending on engine sizes allowed by your state pretty decent power
for example in md 50 cc is the limit(anything bigger is a motorcycle but most people run 70ccs any way) i think i might look at these thing for myself any way i gotta stop rambling good luck!!

AMGalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:06 AM   #4
aviatiogale
AF Newbie

Hi I have a new 2008 Huawin scooter. Riding it yesterday and it "felt" like the "timimg" belt broke, meaning, I was going along and it felt as though it was struggling for gas, then BAM it lost all power and when I pulled over it stalled and would not start. As I pulled over I gave it gas to see what would happen and it just rvved a little. Any ideas? Thanks A.
aviatiogale is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Small Engines ATVs Go Karts and Lawn Mowers etc