Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Impala | Impala SS
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 03:31 PM   #1
automan9482
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to automan9482
2007 Impala power seat stuck, can't remove to fix

'07 Impala LT, 3.5L FF V6, 119K miles.
The left front power seat recently began moving very slowly forwards and backwards, and began moving cockeyed on the track. I was able to visually check the mechanicals under the seat and noticed its movement is assisted by 2 threaded rods. The threaded rod on the inboard side would hang up/not rotate in sync with the outboard side, explaining the slow cockeyed movement.
I cleaned and greased the tracks and the threaded rods without removing the seat, but the problem persisted. I decided to simply replace the seat once I sourced a junkyard replacement, but before I could the seat became stuck at about 4/5 of its travel backwards away from the steering wheel.
The seat frame that rides on the track is completely blocking the 2 bolts attaching the seat to the rear floor. The front of the frame latches into slots, and has no fasteners. The frame and rails don't seem to be separable. The motor itself still works, as the seat back reclines, and the seat cushion will raise and lower, but the fore and aft movement has completely stopped, and I cannot get the seat out to replace it.
Any helpful suggestions on removing it would be greatly appreciated.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Impala | Impala SS