Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Optra
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 04:51 PM   #1
Black_Blade
AF Regular

2007 LS-Cylinder misfire codes?

My daughters boyfriend has a 2007 LS, and today it ran up a bunch of cylinder misfire codes and SEL started flashing. I pulled the misfire codes off of it when I got home and have been snooping around the net, trying to find a repair manual for this car, but no luck. I suspect it just needs the ignition module replaced and while at it maybe new plugs and wires. Anybody heard of repair manuals for these cars?
Old 01-16-2014, 05:03 PM   #2
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2007 LS-Cylinder misfire codes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Blade View Post
My daughters boyfriend has a 2007 LS, and today it ran up a bunch of cylinder misfire codes and SEL started flashing. I pulled the misfire codes off of it when I got home and have been snooping around the net, trying to find a repair manual for this car, but no luck. I suspect it just needs the ignition module replaced and while at it maybe new plugs and wires. Anybody heard of repair manuals for these cars?
http://www.amazon.com/ They sell repair manuals.
rhandwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:29 PM   #3
Black_Blade
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandwor View Post
http://www.amazon.com/ They sell repair manuals.
They do. So does my local automotive store, but not for these cars apparently. Ahh well, was gonna advise him to buy a manual for his car, for that is what I have done for all mine in the past (getting a good collection now...lol) Don't think a manual has been produced for this particular vehicle.

I even tried looking on Mitchell On Demand at work and it wasn't covered, mind you our pc is not connected online so has not been updated in a while so there may be something on there if can get it updated, but that wouldn't be very helpful to him anyways.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:53 PM   #4
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
They do. So does my local automotive store, but not for these cars apparently. Ahh well, was gonna advise him to buy a manual for his car, for that is what I have done for all mine in the past (getting a good collection now...lol) Don't think a manual has been produced for this particular vehicle.

I even tried looking on Mitchell On Demand at work and it wasn't covered, mind you our pc is not connected online so has not been updated in a while so there may be something on there if can get it updated, but that wouldn't be very helpful to him anyways.
Try http://www.alldatadiy.com/
Old 01-16-2014, 06:07 PM   #5
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

[quote=Black_Blade;7103302]They do. So does my local automotive store, but not for these cars apparently. Ahh well, was gonna advise him to buy a manual for his car, for that is what I have done for all mine in the past (getting a good collection now...lol) Don't think a manual has been produced for this particular vehicle.

I even tried looking on Mitchell On Demand at work and it wasn't covered, mind you our pc is not connected online so has not been updated in a while so there may be something on there if can get it updated, but that wouldn't be very helpful to him anyways.Search chiltons general motors service manual 2008 edition
( 2 volumn set} usually cover more than 1 year. http://www.amazon.com/
Old 01-21-2014, 05:32 PM   #6
Black_Blade
AF Regular

Update: Replaced the coil pack and put in a set of NGK wires. Still seems to be sputtering the same as before. Only thing haven't changed is plugs, but hardly seems likely that 3 plugs go funky and cause misfires at same time.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:37 PM   #7
Black_Blade
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandwor View Post
Yep, turns out they would have some info for the car, but I don't really want to pay a subscription for it. Turns out that the father of my daughters boyfriend, who owns this Optra, is going to replace it with a mini van for them, so I just have to get it in running condition so they can drive it back and swap vehicles...lol.

Thanks for that site info tho rhandwor, have bookmarked it, might yet pay for it down the road if the need is there..good to know.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:48 PM   #8
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Update: Replaced the coil pack and put in a set of NGK wires. Still seems to be sputtering the same as before. Only thing haven't changed is plugs, but hardly seems likely that 3 plugs go funky and cause misfires at same time.
I would look at the plugs maybe cracked or the tips are bent. Ohm the injectors if vastly different readings than the good firing cylinders. I would replace maybe a couple of plugs and an injector.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Optra