Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 08:05 PM   #1
HispanicAtTheDisco
AF Newbie

Engine Swapped 1999 Toyota Corolla LE

I have a 1999 Toyota Corolla LE. I want to turn this grocery getter into a sleeper.

Coming stock, it has a 1ZZ block. (Chassis code is ZZE110) I want to swap in a 2ZZ-GE engine.

I'll need to find a wrecked car on this list:
2000-2005 Toyota Celica GTS
2003-2006 Toyota Matrix XRS *
2003-2006 Pontiac Vibe GT *
2005-2006 Toyota Corolla XRS

I'm gonna swap EVERYTHING over. Computers, everything.

This is a bigger, beefier engine and it'll just bolt right in, engine/ECU/exhaust. No welding and cutting or anything. Since I don't have the money to rebuild the whole bottom end, this will give me all the power I want without a turbo.

I'll need a new transmission mount for the 6-speed manual (unless I leave it as a 5-speed manual) and that's it.

Next I'll probably put in S/UT struts and maybe TEIN springs. This'll lower it a bit and choke up the handling to deal with all of the extra power I'm getting. Now I can safely bang out 190 horsepower at the engine. The best part? 190 horsepower won't warp my chassis, either due to the front wheel drive.

This brings me down to 22ish MPG if I drive it right, but that's the cost for blowing the doors off every supra, skyline, civic, ae86 and all the other riceburner shitboxes in the circuits and on the twisties. First on race day? I think so.

Are there any holes in this plan? Also, what's my insurance company gonna think? One day I might want to do some cosmetic work and probably put racing seats in. I don't want the insurance company to turn me away on account of thinking I'm a street racer. I'm in the state of WA and they don't do inspections. If I have everything right here, if I total my car I could just buy the wreck back from the insurance company then swap all of this into yet another corolla?
HispanicAtTheDisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 07:15 PM   #2
drdisque
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to drdisque
Re: Engine Swapped 1999 Toyota Corolla LE

First of all, you won't be blowing the doors off real sports cars - your car will just be as fast as a Celica GTS, which is to say moderately sporty, but not super fast. You'll run low 15's in the 1/4 mile if you know how to drive.

Your insurance company won't know.

If you have the cash to buy another corolla if you wreck this one, then just don't get collision coverage on this car. Then your insurance company will care even less.
2011 Mazda2 Touring

Past cars:
2007 Mazda 6S 5-door MT
1999 Ford Taurus SE Duratec
drdisque is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
1999 , corolla , engine , swap , toyota
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing