Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 08:11 PM   #1
hink12341234
AF Regular

New Suzuki has already closed his doors.

I live in a town of 125,000 people. Less than a year ago a new Suzuki dealer opened up here. Here it is December and the dealership is closed. I could tell from the very start he would not last long. The first thing they did was to add an additional $1995 to each car and call it a "Market Adjustment". Suzuki's are nice but not worth almost 2 grand over sticker price. Then they ran these cheesy commercials that did nothing but solidify the bad reputation some car dealers have. I knew they were in trouble by adding the extra $1995 to each car and on top of that I never saw one of there new cars in any stores parking lots. Thats not a good sign.
hink12341234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 06:45 AM   #2
Huney1
AF Enthusiast

Re: New Suzuki has already closed his doors.

IMO, adding two grand was a super-stupid thing to do. When the new T Birds came out I looked at one they added $1,500. to the sticker because supply was limited and I can't see adding two grand to a Suzuki sticker. Well, I don't think it is any wonder they wenty out of business nor did you see any in parking lots. DUH? Here in the deep South Suzuki is selling lots of vehicles and I see more and more of them around all the time. Suzuki dealer in our town has dealerships in three towns and is selling he(( out of Suzukis because they offer them at the right price and give people a decent trade in on their vehicles, and they advertise on TV and everywhere they can.

I love my SX4 hatch back auto tranny Sport AWD. Only 3500 mi on it and getting 25 to 27 mpg overall. It's copper-red and I get a lot of compliments people wanting to know what kind of vehicle it is. A friend told me Suzuki enjoys the fastest growing sales in the SE USA and I wouldn't doubt it. Two years ago we rarely saw one but I see a good many around now. I was looking at a Scion relatively same price as the Suzuki and they wanted $2500. more for the Scion so I went Suzuki and glad I did and kept the $2500. in my pocket. Suzuki has been making autos sonce 1929 so they are not new to the auto industry. I heard it said they are hard to break but being a senior citizen mine should last a long, long time. The 6 year 100,000 mile TRANSFERABLE warranty is a good thing at trade in time. Have a nice week end.
Huney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 07:34 AM   #3
michaelmm
AF Newbie

I think they need a very strong network of distributors, In between that i love Suzuki Vehicles.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:47 PM   #4
modelfan
AF Regular

I've had mine now for close to 5 months and I love it, it's great on gas and lots of fun!

Hosted on Fotki
modelfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 04:44 AM   #5
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelfan View Post
I've had mine now for close to 5 months and I love it, it's great on gas and lots of fun!

Hosted on Fotki

What model is that?
I've never seen a Suzuki like it here, and they are quite popular here.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:00 AM   #6
phillipshaw
AF Newbie

I think they need a plan or surveys about the areas they putting up their store. They must see if the target area are crowded much. By that they can also add good commercials that can help them sell easily their products. They must give promos that offer a very low price or may be a discount for each car. That's only my idea about that.

― Robert Frost
phillipshaw is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > General Discussion