Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Legal Issues > General Issues
General Issues General legal automotive problem discussions
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #1
mnt4x4
AF Newbie

Angry Bought car from dealer with no title-Please Help!!

I financed a car in last year in January 2011 from a local dealer. Shortly after purchase of this vehicle the dealer went out of business. The dealer did not pay the auction house for the last 12 vehicles he purchased from them, our car was included in this lot. We have been paying the loan on this car, but the finance company can not get the title. I was able to track the title down at the auction house but they will not release it until the vehicle is paid for. Our loan company will not even respond to me about this problem. We can not register the car and are worried if we pay the loan off we will be responsible then for getting the title. So our lender does not have the title and can not get it, do we have any legal options? Does the lender have any rights to this vehicle since they do not have a title? They paid the dealership thinking he owned the car, but obviously he did not. We are in a bind....It has been a year and still no title...
mnt4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #2
gmtech1
AF Enthusiast

Re: Bought car from dealer with no title-Please Help!!

Sounds to me like you need to get a lawyer involved. That sounds like a mess.
gmtech1 is offline   Reply With Quote