Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 09:52 AM   #1
Beef66
AF Regular

Tan to Charcoal

has anyone converted all the tan upper trim in their cars to charcoal? I was sitting in my car yesterday when i realized i really dont like the looks of the tan, so i was wondering about how much that would cost me on average...

-Josh
Beef66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 10:22 AM   #2
Mikelb
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Mikelb
Re: Tan to Charcoal

just buy some gauge pillars... there's a place, I can't member off the top of my head... they sell both pillars... driver's side with pods, and passenger side without (to match)... I b/l they're black ABS... you can paint them whatever you wish then... I'll try and get back to you with the name of the site...

1991 Eagle Talon TSI - Broken
Head removed, block broken, trans in hatch

1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD- in pieces
3" exhaust, rebuilt bottom end

Project: Assemble the Eagle is underway... and now with AWD

2003 Lancer Evo 1630hp/1593ft lb tq
Mikelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 10:28 AM   #3
Beef66
AF Regular

ya ive seen thoses on 3sxperformance.com, Thats already a possibility but i still need the rest of the trim and i rather get the stock color instead of painting them to match
Beef66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 10:44 AM   #4
fastfalcon94
AF Newbie

cianci

Those black pod pillars and matching side are made by ciance. 3sxperformance.com does have them. www.deftracing.com has them for a lot cheaper. I got both of them for $135 shipped off ebay. You could also paint any plastic in your car w/ SEM paint. I've heard it's the best, and won't rub off.
fastfalcon94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 06:13 PM   #5
JaceWade
AF Newbie

I just finished changing the dash, center counsol, doors, and upper trim from charcol to black. Goto pepboys and buy some vinyl spray paint(flat black i bought, i didn't want a really glossy finish). I ripped off the carpet covering the ceiling and rewrapped it with some black vinyl(you can use the stuff they sell in a spray can to stick the ceiling carpet on with the vinyl also, even though it says you can't on the can). The vinyl ceiling I think looks a lot nicer than the carpet and cleaning it is easier so thats a plus.

But the vinyl spray makes it look like brand new, and it doesnt come off unless you take something sharp to it or if you sit there and rub the hell out of it. I'll have pictures up of it sometime soon.

'92 Blue Stealth R/T w/ rebuilt auto. tranny being parted out! PM me for all offers, it must go!
JaceWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 07:30 AM   #6
Mikelb
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Mikelb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaceWade
I just finished changing the dash, center counsol, doors, and upper trim from charcol to black. Goto pepboys and buy some vinyl spray paint(flat black i bought, i didn't want a really glossy finish). I ripped off the carpet covering the ceiling and rewrapped it with some black vinyl(you can use the stuff they sell in a spray can to stick the ceiling carpet on with the vinyl also, even though it says you can't on the can). The vinyl ceiling I think looks a lot nicer than the carpet and cleaning it is easier so thats a plus.

But the vinyl spray makes it look like brand new, and it doesnt come off unless you take something sharp to it or if you sit there and rub the hell out of it. I'll have pictures up of it sometime soon.
Actually, I used that vinyl spray paint to change the dash in my Corolla. I went from blue to black... The paint lasted for a few weeks, then it started to chip and crack in places... With the system in the car, sometimes you could watch the paint just pop off... I used that vinyl spray on all kinds of plastic/vinyl in that Corolla... it didn't really seem to work on anything other than the plastic trim, i.e. pillars, center console, glove box, etc... IDK a/b a 3s, but it didn't really work in the 'Rolla

1991 Eagle Talon TSI - Broken
Head removed, block broken, trans in hatch

1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD- in pieces
3" exhaust, rebuilt bottom end

Project: Assemble the Eagle is underway... and now with AWD

2003 Lancer Evo 1630hp/1593ft lb tq
Mikelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 11:20 AM   #7
JaceWade
AF Newbie

i've never heard anyone complain about it chipping, all I have heard were good things about how long it lasts. We'll i'll find out how it works on my car, plenty of stuff is covered with it.

'92 Blue Stealth R/T w/ rebuilt auto. tranny being parted out! PM me for all offers, it must go!
JaceWade is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth