Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
COMPLETELY off-topic Talk about anything other than cars. But you can't be mad and angry in this forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 12:52 AM   #1
Franko914
AF Regular

The Job - Urine Test (Interesting Idea)

The Missus forwarded the attached e-mail (California city planner is the author, his initials only indicated in this post) which had me thinking all day today... Enjoy... Franko

THE JOB - URINE TEST
(Whoever wrote this one deserves a HUGE pat on the back!)

I HAVE TO PASS A URINE TEST FOR MY JOB... SO I AGREE 100%

Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test with which I have no problem. What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them? Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their ASS, doing drugs, while I work . . . . Can you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

Pass this along if you agree or simply delete if you don't. Hope you all will pass it along, though . . . Something has to change in this country -- and
soon!!!!!!!

I guess we could title that program, 'Urine or You're Out'. Just a thought.

JGM

Old 09-26-2008, 07:08 AM   #2
redimp2000
AF Regular

Re: The Job - Urine Test (Interesting Idea)

I thoroughly agree.

Just sittin' here watchin' the world go by
redimp2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 07:31 AM   #3
BrodyP
AF -Advisor

Brilliant

BrodyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:40 PM   #4
Hungrycat7
AF Enthusiast

I love it! I have met people who are happy they are having a baby for the sole reason of the extra assistance! As mentioned above these are the same people who sit at home getting high all day!
Hungrycat7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 07:03 PM   #5
ericn1300
AF Premium User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franko914
The Missus forwarded the attached e-mail (California city planner is the author, his initials only indicated in this post) which had me thinking all day today... Enjoy... Franko
Recycled crap that's been on the internet for quite awhile. A responce from 2003 that still holds true:

http://www.aclu.org/drugpolicy/testi...s20030415.html

Be sure to read the "Myths and Facts" section.

And why is the bottom 1% villified for stealing our money while the top 1% run off with most of it, tax free under Bush and McSame.
ericn1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 04:59 AM   #6
-Davo
Banned

Our tax money should be used to help drug addicts recover, not stay high.
-Davo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:47 PM   #7
gatoratoy227
AF Regular

to those who say "substance abuse is a disease" bull shit if you want to you can quit using its hard i know i've been down that road ohh yeah its hard but the first thing you have to realize to quit is this isn't a disease its not like AIDS its cureable if you want to stop all you have to do is get off of your ass and do it i was on varied substances (never crack f#ck that stuff) and i worked (i didn't want free money i wasn't disabeled i didn't need it want it or feel like i disereved it what i was doing was voulentary) BUT if i didn't have money for milk i didn't have money for anything else

around my half-assed excuse of a so called "neighborhood" most of these people just sit around bitch about how they're so miserable then they go smoke some crack and have another kid for more money to get their fix

if i've ever seen any canidates for mandatory sterilazation this area is full of them i don't work so they can sit on their happy asses bitching and smoking crack all day i work so i can get the things i need for my wife and and she works for the things i need not to enable some whiney bitch to sit around and smoke their rock all day

i've been clean for almost 2 years now and i still go to NA meetings once you get clean its not like you're cured recovery is a life long process its not like a cut you put a band aid on it and in a week or so you're fine its a life long battle and the people using it as a crutch for free money to get their fix thats bull shit urine test them and if they fail make them go to some form of a rehabilatition program i checked myself into rehab
and if they refuse cut them off

i appoligize if this offended any one i feel very strongly on this subject
Old 09-29-2008, 04:34 AM   #8
-Davo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatoratoy227
to those who say "substance abuse is a disease" bull shit if you want to you can quit using its hard i know i've been down that road ohh yeah its hard but the first thing you have to realize to quit is this isn't a disease its not like AIDS its cureable if you want to stop all you have to do is get off of your ass and do it i was on varied substances (never crack f#ck that stuff) and i worked (i didn't want free money i wasn't disabeled i didn't need it want it or feel like i disereved it what i was doing was voulentary) BUT if i didn't have money for milk i didn't have money for anything else

around my half-assed excuse of a so called "neighborhood" most of these people just sit around bitch about how they're so miserable then they go smoke some crack and have another kid for more money to get their fix

if i've ever seen any canidates for mandatory sterilazation this area is full of them i don't work so they can sit on their happy asses bitching and smoking crack all day i work so i can get the things i need for my wife and and she works for the things i need not to enable some whiney bitch to sit around and smoke their rock all day

i've been clean for almost 2 years now and i still go to NA meetings once you get clean its not like you're cured recovery is a life long process its not like a cut you put a band aid on it and in a week or so you're fine its a life long battle and the people using it as a crutch for free money to get their fix thats bull shit urine test them and if they fail make them go to some form of a rehabilatition program i checked myself into rehab
and if they refuse cut them off

i appoligize if this offended any one i feel very strongly on this subject
That is awesome that your clean man! I hope you stay clean, I only drink on the odd occasion :-)

-Davo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:04 AM   #9
xeroinfinity
out saving the world

Also cops and emergency personal should be drug screened regularly, via blood not urine.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:58 AM   #10
Candygirl82
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeroinfinity

Also cops and emergency personal should be drug screened regularly, via blood not urine.

Good point I totally agree with you!
Old 10-10-2008, 04:38 PM   #11
robkooL
Banned

It'd be too expensive to administer so many tests imo
robkooL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 09:07 PM   #12
fredjacksonsan
Caution: Monkeys bite!

Send a message via AIM to fredjacksonsan

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkooL
It'd be too expensive to administer so many tests imo
Not after you eliminated all the drug users...the total payout of the welfare system would probably be decreased by a large amount.
fredjacksonsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 02:22 PM   #13
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon

The only people I could see that wouldn't agree would be people that are abusing the system and to be honest, I really don't care what they think.

There's only one flaw in this idea, it's completely logical and makes perfect sense.
Polygon is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic