Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Taurus | Taurus Wagon
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 06:53 PM   #1
atvsandcars
AF Newbie

code316 -303

have 01 ford Taurus getting codes 316 and 303 I know what these codes are.i have change coil spark plugs and wires.have taken compression test all around 200 psi new rear cat.change number 3 fuel injector back pressure sencor.just about to take a bfh and fix it for good.
atvsandcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 08:23 AM   #2
shorod
SHO No Mo

Re: code316 -303

Welcome to the forum. For future search purposes, I'm going to mention the full code definition of P0316 and P0303.

You don't mention whether or not the engine seems to be running fine or if there is a noticeable misfire. So is there a noticeable misfire? Did the parts you've already changed make any difference in the way the vehicle runs?

With the P0316 I'd be inclined to suspect the issue is more sensor related, such as the Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor or the more likely culprit of the Camshaft Position (CMP) sensor. Usually if the CKP sensor fails on a Ford it will cause stalling and/or a no-start condition. The CMP sensor, and more specifically the CMP sensor synchronizer, have been common issues on the Taurus. Often the synchronizer will start to chirp a bit with the engine running before any driveability symptoms appear. There are several other threads and posts on this forum related to the synchronizer that you may want to search for and review.

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shorod For This Useful Post:
atvsandcars (04-22-2018)
Old 04-22-2018, 12:22 AM   #3
atvsandcars
AF Newbie

Re: code316 -303

the car runs fine after start up.run it for a few then idles and then its runs fine.bought a obd2 code reader that will clear codes. cleared codes started the car light came on ran it turned car off cleared codes again no code light. tomarrow I will start the car and see what happens.
atvsandcars is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Taurus | Taurus Wagon