Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 03:19 AM   #46
filmon
AF Newbie

Re: why not a 911 contest?

The 911 contest is a great idea.

And why not open another thread like... "911 - Inspiration Point" for story, references and photos, the most important or rare or... bizzarre??
filmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:28 AM   #47
lovegt40
ItaloSvensk

ciao filo, ben venuto. anche tu hai tante porsche sicuramente da fare. la 911 merita sempre.
dai mi raccomando partecipa, anche solo con un mudelino facile facile.na figata sta idea.

trslation:
hi filo, welcome in. hope u will be part of this project too with one of the many 911 model u have there.

for sure also 356 can be part of the group:

and also planning for many ideas/diorama..I still shall save soemwhere that ultra boobs baby brazzers from jimmy Flinstone...

even if the rusty way is really convincing me more and more...

Its ok guys. just waiting Phil with the finals porpouses in PM and then I think we can start stay tuned.

website www.alsoldatino.com
my YT channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIp..._as=subscriber
FB: https://www.facebook.com/alsoldatino
lovegt40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:07 AM   #48
filmon
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegt40 View Post
hi filo, welcome in. hope u will be part of this project too with one of the many 911 model u have there.
Only 9-10
filmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #49
MidMazar
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirofkd View Post
I also like "Everything Porsche" because it's the simplest, and we can expect a greater number of participants.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:38 PM   #50
tonioseven
AF Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to tonioseven

I'm up for it. Magnus Walker has been a inspiration lately and this will give me an excuse to do a build I have in mind.

Last edited by tonioseven; 12-22-2012 at 04:57 AM.
tonioseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:35 AM   #51
lovegt40
ItaloSvensk

great..

also I have in mind something similar ispired...

Old 12-22-2012, 03:21 AM   #52
SmokeyR67
AF Regular

I'd suggest going with the anything Porsche concept, when you start to be restrictive with GB's that start to fail.
SmokeyR67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:43 AM   #53
rallymaster
AF Enthusiast

Mmm... So it seems there is two ways of seeing this group build.

So here is what I suggest.
As it's meant to be a 911 tribute, and as it's supposed to survive through years, why not having a restricted theme year by year inside an all Porsche theme...?

For example, we consider it's an all Porsche group build, but each year will be dedicated to the 911 and derivated...?
2014 could be a LM theme, or rally, or...
If we set a yearly contest at the end of the year only models of the current theme will be taken, other will contest during following years depending on the matching theme.
(That means you could post your build when you want, each theme will consider all builds published matchinb the theme of the year)
As from the start we want to let people enter this group build anywhen they start and end their builds, that could be a solution to satisfy as much builders as possible.

As long as nobody comes with a tank it will be fine !!

Paolo, it's your baby, you decide how to finally call it !

rallymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:40 AM   #54
lovegt40
ItaloSvensk

I think the line will be anniversary from 1963 for porsche 911 as we said few before.
Porsche is a great company making too much stuff. I was part of the modellers of a similar collection dedicated to anniversary to our Alfa Romeo stuff, started only as cars and few planes and ended in a giant expo including also kitchens,boats, steam machines, submarines, Antonov planes with engines rebuild by Alfa.

Think it becomes too much.

I think it will be better take it all around the "911 saga", making a main post where all can post ONE single pic of the work and the line under is retaking to the wip/ or eventually personal gallery of the complete model. (maybe simply placing the pre name as [911 theme or 911 saga,or even better ONLY 911] before the description of the model into wip section.
Something similar and clear as in the AFMOTY.
Also was thinking to include in this giant 911 gallery the alredy done models inside the forum or the ones currently in progress, if the single modeller agree to this, in the idea to create a very big and interesting modelling gallery (that is the main sense of an idea as this).

We have seen 911 theme gives already a LOT of cool ideas, from racers, to tuning replicas, to rusty dioramas.Think it is enough this way and not so much dispersive.
Call it also group build is ok, even if I think can be cool anyway give an yearly votation to the works done (nothing to win, just maybe a banner and a lot of glory..LOL)

.... as if this is not enough, I just added 2 others 911 to my 45 kit car collectin acheved at today.

The 911 is the big bone keeping alive Porsche AG. since half a century.
They made too much good cars,very often excellent.
But nine eleven is always THE 911, and in its genre is the german mith on 4 wheels. The modelling spirit must be the same imho

Old 12-22-2012, 10:24 AM   #55
joka-1
AF Regular

Seems Markus Walker is a great inspiration these days.

The cars he has are all beauties, very nice.

regards,
Joka-1
joka-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:23 AM   #56
rallymaster
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
I think the line will be anniversary from 1963 for porsche 911 as we said few before.
Porsche is a great company making too much stuff. I was part of the modellers of a similar collection dedicated to anniversary to our Alfa Romeo stuff, started only as cars and few planes and ended in a giant expo including also kitchens,boats, steam machines, submarines, Antonov planes with engines rebuild by Alfa.

Think it becomes too much.

I think it will be better take it all around the "911 saga", making a main post where all can post ONE single pic of the work and the line under is retaking to the wip/ or eventually personal gallery of the complete model. (maybe simply placing the pre name as [911 theme or 911 saga,or even better ONLY 911] before the description of the model into wip section.
Something similar and clear as in the AFMOTY.
Also was thinking to include in this giant 911 gallery the alredy done models inside the forum or the ones currently in progress, if the single modeller agree to this, in the idea to create a very big and interesting modelling gallery (that is the main sense of an idea as this).

We have seen 911 theme gives already a LOT of cool ideas, from racers, to tuning replicas, to rusty dioramas.Think it is enough this way and not so much dispersive.
Call it also group build is ok, even if I think can be cool anyway give an yearly votation to the works done (nothing to win, just maybe a banner and a lot of glory..LOL)

.... as if this is not enough, I just added 2 others 911 to my 45 kit car collectin acheved at today.

The 911 is the big bone keeping alive Porsche AG. since half a century.
They made too much good cars,very often excellent.
But nine eleven is always THE 911, and in its genre is the german mith on 4 wheels. The modelling spirit must be the same imho

OK that will be the last word, we'll keep the first idea, 911 and derivated model.

I'll prepare the project tomorrow and submit it to you Paolo.

We'll have a few days to set it up for start of 2013.

Old 12-22-2012, 11:31 AM   #57
lovegt40
ItaloSvensk

eheh, really thank u for the help and support Phil. This is not only my idea, is OUR one.
..and btw, if guys prefer, is also ok not to make any annual votation but just a long sweet and infinite 911 gallery

and obviously any scale is wellcome.

Old 12-22-2012, 07:52 PM   #58
hirofkd
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
We already have several dedicated threads called "meet" in the gallery section where members can post photos of finished models at any given time, including Porsche Meet. (We just don't have 911 one.)
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=108125

What you can do is, once you assemble group build contents (names, photos and links to WIPs), wait until feedback slows down (after 1-2 months), then copy the contents to start a new thread "911 Meet" in the gallery section. That way, you can jump-start 911 Meet with lots of photos right off the bat, and the thread can remain open even after the group build is over. (Like evolving a group build into a meet thread).

Alternatively you can assemble group build contents, and use it as the first post of 911 Meet thread. Then there'll be only one 911 dedicated gallery thread, which is simpler, saves time and workload, and avoids confusion of having multiple gallery threads.

Or, a mod may want to simply re-name AF Group Build 2013: 50 Years of Porsche 911 (or whatever the title will be) into 911 Meet (formally blah blah blah).

Edit: Actually, the gallery index already includes the past GB links, so we don't even have to re-name the title.

hirofkd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hirofkd For This Useful Post:
lovegt40 (12-23-2012)
Old 12-23-2012, 02:28 PM   #59
ScratchBuilt
AF Enthusiast

Assuming the 935 gets an invite to the party, count me in with the Moby Dick! It's clearly a good idea to have some sort of anniversary thread based around the 911, and I'll happily add to it. Whether it is decided to have some sort of contest involved or not, I will declare now that I won't be entering the Moby into competition (whenever it's finished) - after the 908 I've decided to quit while I'm ahead...

SB
ScratchBuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ScratchBuilt For This Useful Post:
lovegt40 (12-23-2012)
Old 12-23-2012, 02:34 PM   #60
rallymaster
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScratchBuilt View Post
Assuming the 935 gets an invite to the party, count me in with the Moby Dick! It's clearly a good idea to have some sort of anniversary thread based around the 911, and I'll happily add to it. Whether it is decided to have some sort of contest involved or not, I will declare now that I won't be entering the Moby into competition (whenever it's finished) - after the 908 I've decided to quit while I'm ahead...

SB

I'm a bit late to set the rules and send them for validation to Paolo, having been absent today, final rush before Christmas days...

Everything will come between Christmas and New Year Day so we will be able to start at the first days of 2013.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling