Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 08:04 PM   #1
Ralph50
AF Regular

Sway Bar Bushings

2006 T & C Touring.
Replaced Sway Bar Bushing. I dont like the design on this bracket attachment. On other cars there are 2 long bolts that pull the bracket in contact with the bushing, making it a very tight joint. This bushing has only one bolt per bracket. This does not allow for as tight as a joint.
The old bushings looked good but the noise (banging under car) did go away with replacement.
The noise was a short frequency banging that was noticeable even with very small bumps in the road.
Hint, make sure the bushings are installed correctly, there is a groove in the bushing that matches the groove in the steel bracket. Fit the two together before installing onto the sway bar.
I put the van on car ramps so I could tighten the bolts with the car in normal height condition.
Ralph50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:57 AM   #2
TCGrove
AF Newbie

Re: Sway Bar Bushings

I have a 2001 T&C with 203,000 miles on it. I've had to do this job several times over the life of the vehicle. I typically have used the Moog single piece replacements (blue). I usually get six months to a year out them before needing replaced again. I just ordered a Moog K200601 two piece. It's got some sort of Teflon or plastic sleeve to it. I wanted to find out if anyone else has tried these. Otherwise, what have you used? How long have they lasted? I'm sure there are a lot of factors that affect life (weather, road condition, driving habits, condition of other suspension parts). My sway bar is a little pitted where these fit, so I put a dab of "never seize" to help lubricate the bushings. For those who have never changed these, it's a relatively easy job. I always disconnect (and sometimes replace) the sway bar ends so I can move things around.
TCGrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:47 PM   #3
Cntrysthbst
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to Cntrysthbst
Re: Sway Bar Bushings

you can get OEM ones on ebay for about 17 buks with the white sleeve. was using the moogs but was always replacing them every 6 months, the oem ones have lasted almost 2 years now....also, we replaced our brackets that hold the bushings in place and notice a much tighter fit...
Cntrysthbst is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
bushing , stabilizer , sway
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager