Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 03:48 PM   #1
Cntrysthbst
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to Cntrysthbst
p2305 town country 3.8

had a p2308 code, replaced coil and same code, them bought a new pcm, replaced and now have a p2305 code which is 2 and 5 cylinder misfire. so replaced plugs, regular oem plugs, wires to. i checked to make sure wires are firing, there is spark present in all wires. I probed the coil harness with positive and all three flashes as they should. the asd relay has power and is fine, never a blown asd fuse either. checked the harness and some wires seemed fused together from heat but no signs of melting. cont test verified no short either. so everything seems proper as far as primary and secondary circuit goes. removed battery and looked underneath ipm and seemed fine, i did take connectors off to check and all seem fine. i have removed asd relay, fuse, bcm fuse, disconnected battery and sent many commands to erase p2305 but still comes up. at first start it sounds normal till rpm rest where it should and then the rough idle is back. it stays running rough, if i throttle up the engine rpm runs up and down fast, at idle its not smooth...vibrates, and runs rough. no codes for fuel injectors either, however with a scope some have a louder click then the others but all seem to be making that tapping noise. was driving it one day and out of the blue it just started running like crap. when i first tested this and got code p2308 it was a bad pcm coil driver because i did not have spark in 2 cylinders, now with a new pcm i have spark on all cylinders but have a p2305 code. can someone point me in the direction to accomplish this battle? thanks
Cntrysthbst is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager