Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volvo > S40
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 12:01 AM   #1
V70
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to V70
Exclamation 2005 Volvo S40

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....article_id=766

CHECK THE ABOVE LINK OUT ITS ON THE NEW BODY STILE VOLVO S40 FOR 2005
V70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 05:00 PM   #2
NSX-R-SSJ20K
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to NSX-R-SSJ20K
very nice

Its a bit pinched but i shall inspect it closer when it is released.
Old 11-05-2003, 12:16 AM   #3
saaborvolvo
AF Newbie

2004 vs. 2005 S40

I am currently looking for a new car, and I am torn between the 2004 S40 and the 2004 Saab 9-3 Linear. I prefer the Volvo's price and smoother ride, but I HATE its looks. The Saab wins by a mile on looks, and though Volvo's ride is smoother, Saab isn't that far behind and actually has a lot of cool stuff that I like ... but it's more expensive. So, I was all set to go with the Saab, and now I see that for 2005 Volvo is reimaging the S40 to something COOL!

Any idea when this new S40 will hit U.S. dealers? I know it won't be in time for when I need to buy, which is January 2004. But I am thinking of leasing and wondering if I do go with the 2004 Volvo, maybe in a year they'll cut me a deal to get into the 2005?

Please help! Any advice is appreciated. I really know nothing about cars, or leasing for that matter, but I do know I need a new car in January because my current lease (Mitsubishi Galant) is up! Thank you!
saaborvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 10:39 PM   #4
rdollie
AF Regular

Re: 2004 vs. 2005 S40

Last I read you should expect the new P1 based S40 in Spring of 2004 (it will be sold alongside the outgoing model for at least 6 months.)

As an alternative to your situation, take a look at www.leasetrader.com. You could pick up a lease for a few months until the new S40 bows and then you could get the car you prefer between the 9-3, old S40, and new S40.

Good luck.

-rollie
rdollie@att.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by saaborvolvo
I am currently looking for a new car, and I am torn between the 2004 S40 and the 2004 Saab 9-3 Linear. I prefer the Volvo's price and smoother ride, but I HATE its looks. The Saab wins by a mile on looks, and though Volvo's ride is smoother, Saab isn't that far behind and actually has a lot of cool stuff that I like ... but it's more expensive. So, I was all set to go with the Saab, and now I see that for 2005 Volvo is reimaging the S40 to something COOL!

Any idea when this new S40 will hit U.S. dealers? I know it won't be in time for when I need to buy, which is January 2004. But I am thinking of leasing and wondering if I do go with the 2004 Volvo, maybe in a year they'll cut me a deal to get into the 2005?

Please help! Any advice is appreciated. I really know nothing about cars, or leasing for that matter, but I do know I need a new car in January because my current lease (Mitsubishi Galant) is up! Thank you!
rdollie is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volvo > S40