Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 05:08 AM   #61
SKUNK.CHAO
AF Newbie

Re: The place is a ghost town - what happened?

post on social media is one reason, but I think nowadays less teens build kits too....types of gaming and snapshots are easy and addictive filling the spare time for entertainment.
SKUNK.CHAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 08:54 AM   #62
360spider
AF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by afxracing View Post
I really enjoy the builders on the forum - some very impressive work here. I don't care for the forum itself. Too many ads and pop-ups - very annoying.

Scroll all the way down on the page, and choose "Premium" style. Gets rid of most ads.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:55 PM   #63
johanthemodeler
AF Regular

As most of you i have turned to social media with my poor efforts of building but I use instagram. I am really exited if we could get this the best forum going again! I will start posting here again asap!
Best regards Johan

johanthemodeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 10:26 PM   #64
tonioseven
AF Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to tonioseven

I miss AF. I'll get back to posting soon.
tonioseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 09:26 AM   #65
kaho
AF Enthusiast

Greetings,

I've been an active builder 5-6 years ago. Since I've been working my current job I've moved on to working on 1:1's. I shifted from a brand new Mitsubishi with slight help (insurance) from parent, to a $50 corolla wagon that was truly my own, integra GSR, Pontiac vibe GT (2ZZ engine) and currently added 2 more cars to my owning list (Tercel, and SVT Focus).

Working on the real things to run them properly in autocross events have taken most of my time lately, not to mention I'm constantly working overtime to maintain a lively lifestyle for two. My SO and I are looking to get married sometime next year, so that's another big chunk of money required. I honestly don't know how folks with kids cope with it and still got free time for anything else.

With that said, I've been looking for the revell Focus in 1:25 and I was bummed out to know that it's out of production.

I wish I could build models again despite being slammed by all the other aspects of life.
kaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 09:26 AM   #66
tmathew1us
AF Regular

This was my favorite model car forum due aligning with my interests in European and Asian cars and race cars. I have always been more of a lurker than a poster but a couple of factors do affect this forum, IMO

- I agree that social media has leeched a lot of forum members, but like a dwindling few, I am not logged into FB, snapchat, instragram, etc, and I am not interested in that stuff

- My time for modelling did reach a nadir after we had our second kid, but now that he is out of diapers, and semi-independent, I've had some more time

- This is a lame excuse, but I think the quality of models here is the best of any forum, and frankly a lot of my work is not up to the high standard here. Model cars magazine forum and scale auto are heavy on American cars, but the quality there is variable.

-With the collapse of Revell, and the trickle from Tamiya, I think that shows a general decline in interest in model cars overall. But I, like you, have a stash to last decades.
tmathew1us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 12:15 AM   #67
nascar49
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nascar49 Send a message via Yahoo to nascar49

Ive been building, I think I have completed close to 30 so far this year, but just havent been posting here that much, there are other forums that I post more on. Ive too have found it much easier to post on Facebook, I have spending more time trying to grow my Youtube modeling channel and the Facebook groups to go with it.

Ive also been battling the lack of enthusiasm bug for building models, finding it really hard this year to want to build , don't know why , almost having to force myself to build.

Not all of these have been posted here, but this is 2018 so far
https://www.flickr.com/photos/djjon9...57690648153551
Old 10-06-2018, 12:16 AM   #68
nascar49
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nascar49 Send a message via Yahoo to nascar49

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKUNK.CHAO View Post
post on social media is one reason, but I think nowadays less teens build kits too....types of gaming and snapshots are easy and addictive filling the spare time for entertainment.
Adblock Plus takes care of those pesky ads
https://adblockplus.org/

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling