Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > RVR
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 06:11 PM   #1
offroader
AF Newbie

Unhappy Mitsubishi Multi Communication System 55-090

Hello car buffs where ever you are...!

hmmm where to start...ha....

I have today imported a 2000 year, Mitsubishi Pajero LWB Exceed 3.5, V6 (V75W) model from Japan to the UK.

I look forward to the day I will be able to drive this great vehicle on the roads once I have managed to sort out the issues...

I have sofar managed to alter the speedo, lights etc to make the car compliant for UK...

I'm still working through the model report as I don't have one currently for the vehicle...

But I've just recieved the english written manuals for the pajero, including the Multi communication system... (model 55-090). I have also located the data CD (Japan editon)..

My question is:- Does anyone have or know where I can buy the english data CD, along with the european maps on etc. Mitsubishi won't sell me one...
I'm told they are NOT available... Fun that considering that the UK equivalant vehicle has them installed...! Mitsubishi are saying that the Pajero (Japan) and shogun (UK) are completely different..!

They are correct that the cars are different in name, and instrument panel writing ie Japan or English..

Can anyone help... Thank you all... A very desparate offroader...
offroader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 10:16 AM   #2
MartinWickford
AF Newbie

Good Afternoon offroader

I too have a year 2000 LWB Pajero but the Diesel variant, i have had the same problems as you for the past year and i am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it gets worse, no one from Mits wants to know especially in the UK where they are officially the Colt Motor Company, cope out basically.

From all my digging and researching no one has so far converted this system to work in English and the response i got from Mits Japan was it was only intended for the JDM so no luck there, as for here most of the dealers bin them and put in a replacement as they are not worth the bother etc etc.

sorry its bad news and if you have had more luck then i really would be interested in hearing from you.

Also if possible how many CDs have you got that came with the stereo as i need a copy and if possible could you copy them for me, i will of course pay for any expenses as my Paj never came with any and i need a copy just in case.

Also if you have not already subscribed try www.pouk.co.uk its a Pajero site in the UK.

hope to hear from you soon

Kind regards

Martin
MartinWickford is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > RVR