Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 08:24 PM   #1
Seth74261
AF Newbie

Need help with an Automotive career! Desperate Need

I have always been fasinated by cars, espically exotics. I have been wanting to get into the industry for quite some time, but when I went to UTI to check it out, they were saying since i got a DWI in California a few years ago, i was pretty much SOL. When I came back to Texas, my DWI never showed up, and i got wind of a new Formula 1 race track opening up down the road, i about jumped out of my pants. I was wondering if anyone hade some type of guidance on this matter. I love getting my hands dirty, but i prefer things more on the technical side of things. I havent had a massive amount of experience working with vehicles, but have always been intrigued by them, and how they work, tuning, and ofcorse, MAKING THINGS GO FAST. not to sound fat headed, but I can pick up things on a dime, if i see it done once, i know how to do it from then on. I am extremly fast learner. But again, if anyone can shine some insite on this matter as to a job that would be more then just a grease monkey, which i dont mind doing, they just arent getting paid that much now and days, and my fiance is hounding me over getting a high paying job to take care of my little girl that is going to be born any day now. I look forward to any type of information you can throw at me. Formula 1, Indy, Nascar, ANYTHING! thanks

Seth P
Seth.Pfaff@gmail.com
Seth74261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:01 PM   #2
gmtech79
AF Regular

Ugh. Good luck with that. I don't think any of us "grease monkeys" are gonna help you. Might have to wait for someone from nascar to chime in. Yea, right.
Anyways, I consider myself a technician. I have over 600 hours of training plus tech school, hours, wait, days of master certifications, and countless other testing plus over 11 years experience. As well I make good money doing it and take pride in my work. But I must just be another "grease monkey"

Sent from my Droid X. Typos probable.

1978 Pontiac Trans Am
1984 Monte Carlo SS
1991 GMC C1500
2002 Pontiac Grand Prix
gmtech79 is offline   Reply With Quote