Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-04-2001, 03:55 AM   #1
enzo@af
Old Mod

Send a message via ICQ to enzo@af Send a message via AIM to enzo@af
Suspension (?) rattle?

Okay, so for awhile now I keep hearing this sound in my rear suspension (I think). It's when I go over bumps or potholes (there are a lot of them here in Eugene Oregon). I am thinking it could be because I have a Toyota Paseo with big, heavy, 17X7.5's....the car doesn't have heavy-duty enough bushings to handle that much weight on bumps. Has anyone else had this sort of problem, maybe any advice?
Old 06-04-2001, 07:08 AM   #2
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
Could be bushing from the suspension. I think, not sure, your car has multi-link suspension? Also, check rear sway bar supports? Most of the time, bushing(especially factory) wear out either dry rot or what not and crack. So check all bushings and stuff. Also, make sure nothing is loose. For the bushings, you might want to upgrade to Polyeurathane bushings.

Also, one more thing, maybe you should also look at your exhaust. It might be loose too.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical