Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > Continental
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 08:29 PM   #1
ImJonahearMeRoar
AF Newbie

94 Lincoln Continental shock problem. Need to fake out air system.

Hello. I have read tons of posts about Lincoln shocks but none are quite like mine. I just replaced one of the back air shocks with a regular spring shock. I now need to somehow fool the air system to think that there is an air shock and that it is filled properly. I do not want to spend unneccesary money on kits when i know there is a way i can do it myself. If this is not possible is there a way i could just plug the hose so that the car does not stress itself with pumping air uselessly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(also in an unrelated question... does anyone know why all my interior lights and head lamps are always on? i have no door ajar warning and the lights just never turn off. i always have to pull the battery to keep it from dying.)
ImJonahearMeRoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:27 AM   #2
Towncar
AF Enthusiast

Re: 94 Lincoln Continental shock problem. Need to fake out air system.

Definitely plug the disconnected Airline to keep the compressor from killing itself.

The lights problem(s); since their are two problems, the common denominator would be the Light Switch, start there. Beyond that, also check the headlight relays, but that won't explain the interior lamps on.

Check for an aftermarket alarm or starter system, when they fail strange things happen.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:52 AM   #3
ImJonahearMeRoar
AF Newbie

hmmm... the guy i bought it from said he did have an aftermarket alarm and remote starter. i guess he pulled them both right before i bought it and obviously did a sloppy job. where would i start to look for problems?
Old 05-12-2007, 12:28 PM   #4
Towncar
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImJonahearMeRoar
hmmm... the guy i bought it from said he did have an aftermarket alarm and remote starter. i guess he pulled them both right before i bought it and obviously did a sloppy job. where would i start to look for problems?

Well, 99% of the wiring on the aftermarket systems are in the steering column. Several OEM systems are cut, and the aftermarket system is used to bridge the cut. It would be great to know which system (name brand) the PO had in there, so you could get specific wiring installation instructions from that manufacturer however, most likely any mfg. instruction, specific to your car, would give you all the information needed to reverse the damage.

I've seen many of the popular brands instructions online.. in fact I think I've posted a link to one of Viper's models in the Town Car forum, long time ago

EDIT:
Yep I did, Use search in the Town Car forum for "VIPER".
Old 05-13-2007, 09:20 PM   #5
ImJonahearMeRoar
AF Newbie

well... first id like to say thanks for your time and help. second id like to say, THE GUY I BOUGHT MY CAR FROM IS A JERK. it looks like he had it hooked up by twisting wires together and lazily wrapping it up with electrical tape. also i dont know what his problem is but he will not return my phone calls or emails. now to my current problem still..... i looked at the viper manual you directed me to (thanks a lot by the way) and a lot of things made sense. it seems that there is probably a relay somewhere for the alarm that is keeping the lights from going off. this makes the most sense to me. what do you think i should do? do you know where relays are normally mounted on aftermarket alarms/remote starters.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:56 AM   #6
Towncar
AF Enthusiast

Sorry to hear all that.. what a jerk indeed !! To rip out an installation just to make an extra buck somewhere else... jerk!

I've done one or two installations, most of the components landed behind the glove box and behind the radio, there's lots of room in those two places and it's easy to work there. The brain box winds up closer to the steering column.

You might need a Lincoln electrical guru, we have one, (Dereck) moderating over >> here <<; Conti forums >> here <<

Also, you can get the Wiring Diagrams from the Factory Service Manual at http://Fordcds.com He accepts donations for CDs/DVDs downloaded if you like what you get
Old 05-14-2007, 08:05 PM   #7
ImJonahearMeRoar
AF Newbie

alright awsome. i downloaded the 94 manual but it tells me i need a view16.exe? i looked around a bit and i am trying to find the solution right now. other than that... i have found where he had the alarm/starter wired under the steering column. i removed all his cut wires under there and still no luck. i checked behind the stereo and the glovebox and nothing else either. from what i see the problem was isolated to just under the dash area. (if it makes any difference, the lights dim when i close my doors as if the car knows the lights should go off) ill check into getting this manual on cd working so i can look more into the wiring.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:46 PM   #8
Towncar
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
the 94 manual .. it tells me i need a view16.exe?
Yes, view16.exe was part of the installation, you may have skipped that part of the installation. Just run install again, watch for "do you wish to install view16" and do "yes". View16 is like a browser for this program.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:42 PM   #9
ImJonahearMeRoar
AF Newbie

well, good and bad news. i got the manual cd to work but there are no wiring diagrams i can find. are there any in this program? any help is awsome.

also... i did just realize that my remote for the locks and panic alarm does not work. could this be related in anyway?
Old 05-15-2007, 05:26 PM   #10
Towncar
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
well, good and bad news. i got the manual cd to work but there are no wiring diagrams i can find. are there any in this program? any help is awsome.

also... i did just realize that my remote for the locks and panic alarm does not work. could this be related in anyway?
Do you have a keyless entry keypad too? The code will be on the rt. trunk support arm. If so, try that too.. maybe a dead battery in the remote.
Code 7/8 9/0 will (should) lock all the doors. Don't lock the keys in if you don't know the code

The keyless module is inside the drivers door close to the lower hinge. Hopefully there's no wires cut from that module.

For the Wire Diagrams, hit the EVTM button:

A popup comes asking which section to view:

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > Continental