Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Impala | Impala SS
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 06:39 PM   #1
zachzchw
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to zachzchw
Seat replacement......

I have a 2003, has the split front bench seat.
Im thinking of putting in bucket seats, preferably leather. Couple questions......

1. Will they just bolt right in when I take the bench seat out?

2. If I buy power seats, does my car have the necessary wires needed to use them? The bench seat in it is not power in any way, I did see some wires under the seat though. Im not sure if all the cars are made with the wiring for power seats or not.

3. What year range of seats would fit, so I can look for the best prices on compatible seats?

Thanks for any help!!!!!!!
zachzchw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:37 PM   #2
cousincletus
AF Regular

Re: Seat replacement......

What is the reason for replacing the seats? I had some issues with my 2004 Impala seat sagging (mine is the 6 way power seat) and I doubled up the springs (available @ Ace Hardware 2" spring). That helped a lot. On mine with the adjustable lumbar it felt like the lumbar support was sticking into my back so I took it to the local upholstery shop and they fixed it for 65 bucks. Seats are really comfortable now and way cheaper than a new seat.
cousincletus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:33 PM   #3
2005chevimpala
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachzchw
I have a 2003, has the split front bench seat.
Im thinking of putting in bucket seats, preferably leather. Couple questions......

1. Will they just bolt right in when I take the bench seat out?

2. If I buy power seats, does my car have the necessary wires needed to use them? The bench seat in it is not power in any way, I did see some wires under the seat though. Im not sure if all the cars are made with the wiring for power seats or not.

3. What year range of seats would fit, so I can look for the best prices on compatible seats?

Thanks for any help!!!!!!!
there are plug in's on both sides left and right for the power seat hook up, also all the seat's are the same from 2000-2005,you replace them without any trouble at all and they will bolt right in.
2005chevimpala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 07:22 AM   #4
jwichman
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousincletus View Post
What is the reason for replacing the seats? I had some issues with my 2004 Impala seat sagging (mine is the 6 way power seat) and I doubled up the springs (available @ Ace Hardware 2" spring). That helped a lot. On mine with the adjustable lumbar it felt like the lumbar support was sticking into my back so I took it to the local upholstery shop and they fixed it for 65 bucks. Seats are really comfortable now and way cheaper than a new seat.
I have a2008 impala with the 6 way power seat that is sagging or at least the seat cushion is worn out to the point I feel like I’m sitting in a hole. I was planning to disassemble the seat and replace the cushion. You indicate you doubled up the springs? Can you elaborate on what you did?
Thanks
jwichman is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Impala | Impala SS