Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Econoline
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 10:29 PM   #1
showstopper78
AF Newbie

Just got my new 1988 e150

I have a quick question?? Just picked up a 1988 for about 1300 dollars. Not in too bad of a condition BUT when I flip between tanks the front tank does not work right. Course I did not find this out till AFTER I filled it. Just curious is your expereinces what is the most common reason for this?? Do you think it could be a blocked fule filter, or the fuel pump itself?? Is the fuel filter in the tank or what?? Thanks
showstopper78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 03:32 AM   #2
ednja
AF Newbie

Re: Just got my new 1988 e150

Here I am 11 years later and probably you won't ever see my reply. Did you ever solve your fuel problem. If so, can you tell what the problem was. I'm guessing the fuel pump was bad in the front fuel tank. There is a fuel filter in each tank before the inlets to the pumps. There should also be an external filter on the frame. The external filter shouldn't be a problem though since it works with the rear tank. There should also be a high pressure fuel pump on the frame along with the filter.
ednja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 03:38 AM   #3
showstopper78
AF Newbie

Re: Just got my new 1988 e150

Wow this surprised me getting something this long after the original post. Never could get it fixed so just dealt with it a few years and traded in the van once I could barely keep it running. Thanks for the info even if it was a few years later. lol
showstopper78 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Econoline