Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Graphic Manipulation
Graphic Manipulation Post and discuss different automotive art works- photoshopped, 3d graphics, and hand-drawn.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 01:05 AM   #1
mentel
Racing Forum Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to mentel Send a message via AIM to mentel Send a message via MSN to mentel Send a message via Yahoo to mentel
Attn: Members

As of late, I've been seeing lots of requests to be a moderator. Mainly in the Graphic Manipulation forum.

Here are the reasons why you should NOT ask to be a moderator.
-We look for you, you do not look for us.
-We Do not need any assistance at this time for this forum
-Would you rather give a bum change when he follows you and begs for it, or would you rather give a bum change who is playing a guitar and singing blues on the street corner?
-If we feel that you are good enough to join the AF Mod Team, we will contact you and ask if you are interested in the position.

Please do not send a PM to me, or any other moderator asking to join us. We put you on a black list and you may not ever be considered to become a moderator.

Please remember, the more you post, the more you contribute, the more you help, and the greater attitude you have towards somebody, the more chances you will have at becoming a moderator.

The most recent example is Asaenz of the Sketch and Draw forum.

He joined, he posted, he helped many people out and maintained a positive attitude even when being questioned about his work and being applied negatively by other members. He did not ever think about becoming a moderator until myself and others contacted the administration and put a good word for him in. Look where he is, he is moderating the forum that he loves.

This I feel is a good example.

I feel everybody should try to be a little better at what they do. Take pride in everything you accomplish, don't be afraid to help, compliment and ensure others have a good time, even if you're not. We look for people who stand out. People who we can look up to one day, a leader persay.

Keep these things in mind while typing out a private message to a moderator asking to become part of the staff. Follow these guidelines, and you will have the best time of your life here.

If you have any questions, comments, suggestions or anything off the top of your head, PLEASE PM me!!

I do not bite! I will be more than happy to help you and better your experience here. That is what I'm here for!

I enjoy you guys and if it wasnt for all ofy ou, we wouldnt have a photoshop forum.

Have a great day!

I'm leaving this thread open for you to post your thoughts and opinions in. Remember that if anybody has anything negative to say, PM me before you post it in this thread!

Thanks AF members! You make my day!

-Dave
mentel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 01:17 AM   #2
DirtyOne
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to DirtyOne
Re: Attn: Members

hello... dave
am i on the.. black list?
lmao

i have suggested to other mods that we needed another mod here to keep up with the contests and all
not that im saying your doing a bad job or anything

just someone thats here more often.. and is obsessed with PS like the rest of us

hope that helps you in "selecting" another mod whenever u do..
cheers
I let the rhythm hit em!" - Rakim
DirtyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 02:51 AM   #3
mentel
Racing Forum Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to mentel Send a message via AIM to mentel Send a message via MSN to mentel Send a message via Yahoo to mentel

We don't need anymore help in here. As far as contests goes, look at the current contest. 4 entries and ~20 votes. We definatly don't need help there. I've loved chopping for the past 5 years of my life. However I cannot sit on the forum all day, however I make daily visits to check up on things. the forum just isnt busy enough to warrant another moderator. When I feel we need another one to help out, i will make a point of who i want, and they will be contacted.
Old 12-27-2004, 07:04 PM   #4
-GS-
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to -GS-

Not really related to moderators, but i personally think we need to get all of AF involved in contests. Remember that model car contest that was done awhile back, and there was a sticky ontop of every section in AF about it. I think we need to do that with the Graphic Manipulation contests. Hopefully it would bring new members here, because im sure that half of AF doesnt even know of this section.

Personally i dont think we need another mod as mentel stated. We have about 3/4 daily posts being made here, and to be honest i think we have too many mods as it is for this section.

Either way, the staff of AF very quickly makes moderators out of people they think are worthy, and helpfull enough. So i'd say, be as helpfull as you can and maybe you can become a moderator...
Old 12-27-2004, 10:05 PM   #5
mentel
Racing Forum Moderator

Thanks for the input GS.

And yes, I'd love to have forum wide contests running, but I don't know how well that would shake up. It's worth a try though.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:44 PM   #6
-Jacko-
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to -Jacko-

I think GS made a really valid point there. Getting all of AF involved in contests would make them an awful lot more fun and challenging. I'd love to see that happen.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Graphic Manipulation