Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Street Post topics for any "Works In Progress" street vehicles projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 05:53 PM   #1
Tommycool666
AF Regular

1949 Mercury Chopped and 1950 ford chopped wild customs!!!!!!! must see!!!!

In the 1949 mercury i chopped the top about a scale 4 inches. I put in different headlight cups and filled it with body filler i shaved the door handles and side trim an i nosed and decked it. I will put in my own custom made teailights they wil resemble the 1949 baby lincoln taillights (they are round). i molded in the fron splash pan an the back splash pan i glued the trunk to the body . the interior i did original i painted it black cherry with white to make it two toned . When the car is finished it will beblack cherry with a clear coat on top of it to make it extra glossy. i need to put in a headliner yet tho it needs it to hide the chop mark from the roof .

The 1950 ford started out as a convertible . i put on the custom front extension with the extended hood i put on the custom chopped from winshield piece and i found and old roof that is about 30 years old from when my dad did models and it was a 1950 ford roof as well. i put that roof on there and now it look like a custom 1950 ford crown victorian. i will do something extremely wild with the back end too i dont want to leave it stock since i customized the front i might paint it a midnight pearl blue with a pearl white top i have no ideas for interior but it will be custom.

Thank you for viewing my cars i will also be posting a 63 riviera which i made a custom hood for and it is one off since i made it, and a custom 55 chevy that i made into a convertible i am basically building the 55 from scratch it is a 30 year old car that my dad started on but never finished along with the riviera. also a 57 chevy will be on here too i have everything except a door if anyone has doors for a 1/25 scale 57 chevy and u dont want it please email me at tommycool666@yahoo.com

Last edited by Tommycool666; 05-29-2004 at 03:22 PM. Reason: i put in mercury instead of ford
Tommycool666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 06:26 PM   #2
customminatures
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to customminatures
Re: 1949 Mercury Chopped and 1950 mercury chopped wild customs!!!!!!! must see!!!!

looks pretty sweet!

Good quote_ turbo monster-"An artist is one who is critical of his own work. An Asshole is a failed artist who is critical of other's work."
(explains everything!)

customminatures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 06:28 PM   #3
Howielong
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Howielong Send a message via MSN to Howielong Send a message via Yahoo to Howielong
Re: 1949 Mercury Chopped and 1950 mercury chopped wild customs!!!!!!! must see!!!!

Looks great.
Old 05-28-2004, 06:52 PM   #4
tonioseven
AF Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to tonioseven

Gonna be purdy!!
tonioseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 07:41 PM   #5
turbo type-r
AF Enthusiast

sweet . finally a rat rod project . awesome !
Old 05-28-2004, 09:20 PM   #6
Tommycool666
AF Regular

hey its the owner of the cars lol do u think my gas tank leak looks real enough? i had a accident with paint thinner and now it wont come out so i have it named as the leaky gaser
Old 05-28-2004, 09:41 PM   #7
MrCas
AF Enthusiast

looks viscious, like its gonna attack someone
MrCas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 10:03 PM   #8
dreamwerks
AF Newbie

Nice work. I have this same kit, and I have modified the wheel well to fit some 22s tucked. I was thinking about chopping the top also
Old 05-29-2004, 10:36 AM   #9
EMAXX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to EMAXX Send a message via MSN to EMAXX

Looks like you're off to a great start. Keep us posted on how the build goes.
Old 05-29-2004, 10:52 AM   #10
mike@af
Captain Over Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to mike@af Send a message via AIM to mike@af Send a message via Yahoo to mike@af

Glad to see more rod's around these parts!

mike.lawrence@automotiveforums.com | AutomotiveForums.com | Flickr Gallery
mike@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 02:46 PM   #11
Orion37170
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Orion37170 Send a message via AIM to Orion37170 Send a message via MSN to Orion37170

oh...
another nun tuner
i like the engine detail, the flatty looks real good!
i hope to see more soon
Orion37170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 02:08 PM   #12
customminatures
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to customminatures

they both need to be slammed on there nuts!

Good quote_ turbo monster-"An artist is one who is critical of his own work. An Asshole is a failed artist who is critical of other's work."
(explains everything!)

customminatures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 07:32 PM   #13
Tommycool666
AF Regular

wut you mean lowered all the way to the ground? if that wut you mean i want to do it but i dont knoiw how to lower the suspension. if u know how tell me.
Old 06-02-2004, 04:09 PM   #14
Tommycool666
AF Regular

omg here's and update on the mercury... i'm not doin so hot with the suspension i'm havein so much trouble making it even and i just notcie that i have the front suspension stock instead of lowered. so i had to cut it up a lil and fix it . i dont liek doin all these modifications but if i want it to look good i have to do it . i will be making my own taillights out of styrene tubing they will be exposed but they will look frenched in. i am almost done with smoothing the chop top out
Old 06-02-2004, 04:10 PM   #15
Tommycool666
AF Regular

also i forgot to say that i built the engine for the 1950 ford thats the only thing built i havent started chassis or interior yet. i will start that when the mercury is done .

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street