Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Econoline
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 06:38 AM   #1
rontim
AF Newbie

1993 Ford E150 trouble getting fuel

Whn I start the van I cannot hear the in tank fuel pump working. I changed out the under the hood fuel relay and hat did not work. I took out and then put back in some fuses under the dash. After that the van started. I turned it off and it would not start again. Is there anything else that i can do other than change out the fuel pump ?

Thx
rontim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:00 PM   #2
rontim
AF Newbie

Re: 1993 Ford E150 trouble getting fuel

it was the fuel pump
rontim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:27 PM   #3
Smitty1961
AF Newbie

Post Re: 1993 Ford E150 trouble getting fuel

Don't feel bad I am having the same trouble and am going to have to replace the fuel pump. I was a little more extensive in trouble shooting before I came to this conclusion. A lot of times it could be a wiring problem so you just have to foow the steps and trouble shoot until you find the problem. If your van is like mine Early 93 it is an OBD 1 System so it makes it harder to diagnose. If it was an OBD 2 it would be a lot easier. Here is atip for you. Go to Autozone.com and got to the fix it yourself secton. They have some pretty good and accurate trouble shooting pages. What I did was print out 3 diffeent possibilities ruled out most right away and it left me with 4 items to check . 3 checked out and the fuel pump did its thing so I checked fuel pressure at no start and it was ZERO. But I heard the pump pressure up but not enough to get through the regulater. So out comes the pump!
Smitty1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 03:24 AM   #4
ednja
AF Newbie

Re: 1993 Ford E150 trouble getting fuel

Finally, somebody actually let the world know what the problem was. It was the fuel pump. Thanks rontim (11 years later). I doubt that you'll ever see this reply, but just in case you do, did your van have dual tanks with low pressure pumps and an external high pressure pump on the frame? If so, what made you decide to change the in-tank pump instead of the external pump?
ednja is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Econoline