Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 11:16 PM   #1
LongLegsNoCar
AF Newbie

Hybrid car for long legs?

Hello,

I’m looking for a hybrid car, but the problem is that I’m 6’8” with a ridiculous 40” inseam. For most cars I sit in, my knees hit the wheel, and I can’t angle my legs because then I’m hitting the brakes at an angle. I’m skinny and my torso is more normal size, so there isn’t as much a problem with seat width or headroom. I’ve sat in a 2012 Toyota Camry hybrid and a 2010 Ford Fusion hybrid, but no luck with my knees. I did drive a Chevy Impala (2008?) for a weekend, and my legs were very comfortable, however I would like a hybrid for gas mileage. I know there are listings of cars for tall people, but I haven’t had much luck finding hybrid cars for tall people. Could anyone please tell me if they are familiar with fuel efficient cars for people with really long legs?

Thanks in advance!
LongLegsNoCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:32 AM   #2
autoservice2013
AF Newbie

Re: Hybrid car for long legs?

If the car is not designed with too many power features in the driver's seat, I believe that some companies sell extender rails to provide more leg room. I drive a 2008 FEH, but it does not have the kind of room you appear to need (and it only gets 30 MPG).
autoservice2013 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons