Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 12:35 PM   #1
victor1312
AF Newbie

Dodge charger vs acura TL

hi forum.. im new to this. in about 2 weeks i have a choice of 2 amazing cars.. and im stuck on which one to choose. The charger or the acura TL. Ive heard the sxt is a good car and i heard the acura tl is also a good car with good packages in the purchase. i love the chargers aggressive look.
Can you guys give me good pros and cons so i can decide? thanks and please welcome me
victor1312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:04 PM   #2
Oldengineer
AF Regular

Re: Dodge charger vs acura TL

The build quality of the Charger pales in comparison with the TL. Until Chrysler discovers quality control again I'd stay away from them. I've owned 14 Chryslers - the last being an 05 model. There's now a Honda sitting in my driveway.

Regards:
Oldengineer
Oldengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 02:22 AM   #3
Shpuker
AF Enthusiast

New? Cause if your lookin new or even semi new there are MUCH better options. but outta those 2 the Charger. More powerful and it looks way better, though the Charger to be honest, doesn't look stunning on any level

Quote:
Your quote here!!!
Shpuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:02 PM   #4
akboss
AF Regular

Acura TL -

Pros: Build quality, modern, reliable, high resale value, brand value (if you're into that snobby crap), luxurious and pretty good on gas.
Cons: Expensive to purchase and maintain, not as easy to find a service/dealer, premium fuel and high(er) insurance.

Charger SXT:

Pros: RWD performance/handling (in good weather), cheaper to buy and maintain, big dimensions, comfortable highway cruiser.
Cons: RWD performance (bad weather, snow), cheap interior/exterior, poor craftsmanship/quality control, thirsty motors, awful resale value.

The Acura TL is an excellent car that far surpasses the Charger for quality, luxury and craftsmanship. If you want a sports car to boot around the backroads, then I would recommend the Charger - for every other reason the TL is, in my opinion, a better car.
akboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:00 PM   #5
Shpuker
AF Enthusiast

Yea I'd consider the Acura name a con personally. Personal experiences but whatever lol

like I said, overall the Charger is a funner better looking (at least I think so), and if I remember right is available with AWD. Might only be the Chrysler 300 though. <-- a better option than the Charger but there are much better options for what your looking for

Quote:
Your quote here!!!
Shpuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:00 AM   #6
akboss
AF Regular

Yep, Chrysler 300 3.5L w/AWD would be the most comparable to a TL. If you put enough options into a 300 it's not a bad vehicle - but base to base, the TL has more standard equipment - in fact, I believe the only options are a tech or sport package.
akboss is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons