Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: Which car for daily driver...?
'94 3000GT SL (or similar model) 10 34.48%
'97 Mustang GT 7 24.14%
'96 Camaro Z28 6 20.69%
'95 Toyota 4x4 6 20.69%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-17-2001, 11:38 PM   #1
-cy-
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to -cy-
A realistic poll for once!!!!

Alright, these are the choices for my daily driver, it will have to last, and not break down a lot...what to do?

p.s. The years are approximate
Old 12-17-2001, 11:45 PM   #2
-cy-
AF Enthusiast

concerns:

Camaro Z28- Reliability

3000GT- i don't really know much, doesn't seem to be a standout car

stang- too common, not really in love with it

yota 4x4- the comfort of driving on the road most of the time

All cars would be a manual, because i like driving manuals. This car has to last me a while, be comfortable for driving on road trips, to and from school, around town, and out at night with friends. I don't care about cabin space as i only care about me and the one passenger, backseat is for the bitches (hehe) so i don't really care about that, and the front seats on those cars are fine. Gas milage is a little concern, but none of those are gonna get great gas milage.
Old 12-18-2001, 12:38 AM   #3
TatII
AF Fanatic

whoa i'm the first one that voted~!! woo hooo~~ this one was really hard. but since i wasn't sure if that 3000gt was turbo charged or not, sooo id din't take my chances and went for the good'ol fashion brute strenght mobile. i'm not goin to pick up any asian chicks with this, but atleast i know tha ti choose the fastest car in the choices that you gave me.
Old 12-18-2001, 01:03 AM   #4
-cy-
AF Enthusiast

Exactly, brute strength..i like, BUT will it last? Also, the 3000GT would NOT be the turbo (VR4) version, too mucho $$$.

I am leaning towards the toyota truck just for reliability and lasting, but i don't know how long it would last off roading it any, but the comfort is not really there.
Old 12-18-2001, 08:47 AM   #5
NismoDrifts
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to NismoDrifts
Id go with the toyota truck, theyll last forever.

And, if its gonna be a daily driver, youre not gonna be worrying about performance as much, and youll have much much more money leaft over for modifying your non-daily driver

well,

Camaro- Nice, but id be too pressured to mod this car out instead of drive it daily.

3000GT- im sure itll last, but its really a waste of car (and money) if youre not gonna trick this beast out.

stang- too many...

4X4- im not a truck guy, but, toyotas will last forever, and itll be real cheap to come by, and blah blah blah
Old 12-18-2001, 09:06 AM   #6
Knightsport
AF Newbie

Well,I like to mods my daily drivers Soooooooo.......

I'd go with a '97 Camaro Z28,for one,the '97+ had the LS1,VERY strong motor and responsive to even a LITTLE bit of mods. Easy on gas as well.

3000GT SL,a huge FWD N/A V6,but it looks alright. I guess you'd really have to love this car to get it if performance meant anything to you.

Mustang,I don't like Mustangs...AT ALL. But it's YOUR car,I suggest if you are looking for a "pony car," you just get the Camaro.

And the 4x4,it seems like apples to oranges,but I guess if you need a tow vehicle or more room,this would probably be the prime pick.
Old 12-20-2001, 07:32 PM   #7
LiuBei
AF Regular

I don't understand why you call this a relistic poll. Its a mix of 3 sports car and a truck all of different years. And too make it worse the are all used. Don't post polls for this stuff just ask for opinions.
Old 12-21-2001, 01:39 AM   #8
-cy-
AF Enthusiast

Dude, the point of the poll is opinion. I am asking which car would be best for my apparent needs. I want input. How is it unrealistic? It seems more realistic than asking which million dollar car is better than the other, like many (if anyone) on the forums will have to make that choice...This is a question that i am actually asking myself right now, because it matters and is real...
Old 12-21-2001, 10:57 AM   #9
LiuBei
AF Regular

Blah, Blah, Blah its just the same as all the others. No more or less realistic. Everyone is giving the same type of info.
Old 12-21-2001, 11:45 AM   #10
NismoDrifts
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to NismoDrifts
Sorry Liu, i have to disagree here, its a post thats helping someone make a realistic decision about his daily driver. Not something like Ferrari vs. Lamborghini vs. insert supercar here
Old 12-21-2001, 12:31 PM   #11
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
Being biased towards 3000GT normally, I'd say the SL would be the choice to go with among the three sports cars. Its the only one with FWD and its more unique. The Toyota would give you more interior room then the others so if you have a need to haul more then yourself and a passenger, this is the vehicle you should go with.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 12-24-2001, 04:29 PM   #12
Knightsport
AF Newbie

So what was the decision?

Or was that the point anyway?
Old 12-24-2001, 05:46 PM   #13
-cy-
AF Enthusiast

I haven't bought the car yet, but i have decided what i will get (i am able to get the car Jan.1 or later). I decided the mustang is only half what i want, its just not my thing. The truck i would like, but the comfort is a huge thing for me. The 3000GT there just aren't enough around for a good selection, plus i would only want the VR4, but thats out of my range. I have test drove a few Firebird/Camaro's and i love them. In a couple days i am going to make an offer of a '98 Trans Am, but if i can't get that then i'll just get a '97 or so Z28 w/ (hopefully) lower miles, leather, nice stereo, and stuff like that.
Old 12-26-2001, 10:05 AM   #14
blacksnake98
AF Enthusiast

LiuBei, do you ever have anything positive to add to a post?

I'm gonna vote for the stang, 97' is not the most powerful year for the car, but there's a huge aftermarket if your looking to improve looks and performance.

1991 LX - 8.36 @ 83.13...1.82 60'
Shooting for 8.10's or better w/ stock heads, a shit cam and a factory production intake.

Old 01-19-2002, 09:09 PM   #15
94civic
AF Enthusiast

go with the 3000gt

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons