Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 01:26 PM   #1
01rollaS&accordv6
AF Regular

Arrow nissan quest vs dodge caravan

My friend and some other guy keep racing in minivans.my friends 00 ' quest minivan runs a 15.2 1/4 mile with a nissan maxima 3.5 L v6 engine 96 mph . the other guy runs a 15.8 1/4 mile with the stock 3.8L v6 at 88 mph . they argue all the time i told both of them nothing will compete with the odyssey. After telling him that the a-hole went and bought an 02 odyssey, so now he has the nissan and the honda the guy in the dodge is going to add nos. we both think he is stupid. he thinks he can do better because his engine size is slighty bigger at 3.8L pusrod v6 the nissan is a 3.5L DOHC engine. Right now the odyssey is currently in the shop getting fixed up should be ready by next week . Let me know what you think.
01rollaS&accordv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 01:27 PM   #2
01rollaS&accordv6
AF Regular

Re: nissan quest vs dodge caravan

by the way the quest has about 300 hp and the caravan about 315 hp and the stock 02 odyssey has 230
Old 08-06-2004, 08:19 AM   #3
skorpionbite
Banned

I gotta tell you, this is the weirdest thing I've heard of so far. I mean, why would you race a minivan?
...and don't tell me "just to be different", because there are about a million mods you can do to almost any car that will look so much better than a "fast" van.
skorpionbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 10:11 AM   #4
del
móddə rąytər

well i saw a video of a 9 second plymouth voyager, or it may have been a caravan. i dont know. but we have enough sport compacts, pick up trucks, musclecars, and even SUV's racin on the streets. the last thing we need are minivans street racing. i haven't ridden or driven a quest, but those caravans are pretty damn slow. haha
del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 10:17 AM   #5
01rollaS&accordv6
AF Regular

My friend did for a simple reason she did not have very much money at the time to buy an suv sho she bought a minivan with the family in total it is six thats why she bought it. Also since my friends 92 Accord EX engine gave out well really he blew it out and the tranny the both of us got permission to work on it from his mom as long as we paid for everything we put on it,thats why.plus it freaks people out when they see it on the track and they see the burnouts it can do as well as the time, by the way as for the other guy I thinks he has a similar reason. Now that he bought the Odyssey me and him are starting to put together a club and it is coming really good actually but i will have pratically no say due to i race my two Rolla's and my moms Accord
Old 08-06-2004, 10:19 AM   #6
01rollaS&accordv6
AF Regular

That video you say was a grand caravan I'm assuming. Trust me the quest stock does pretty good and excellent take off
Old 08-06-2004, 10:24 AM   #7
01rollaS&accordv6
AF Regular

Plus when you look at the minivan especially the quest the only thing that gives it away is its exhaust and intake its sounds like a V8. The caravan has decals and Rims (lightweight) and and odd color scheme as well as a hood scoop, and that one does sound like a six.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons