Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Fiesta
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 11:16 PM   #1
FiestaMan
AF Newbie

Weird electrical problems, ford fiesta 2013

Car is a 2013 Ford Fiesta SE. Hatchback if it matters.

So, I've been noticing weird electrical problems in this car for a few months now. Once a check engine light came on along with some odd performance issues, and I took it to AAMCO to get a free diagnostic scan. It came back with a list of problems a mile long. Guy thought it was the battery that was going bad because all of them could be traced to a problem with the battery. I went and got the battery tested and it was totally fine.

Then, a day later, the check engine light goes away along with the weird performance issues I was having. Absolutely bizarre. Historically the car does weird things with the horn when the weather gets wet. It's like wet weather makes the horn weaker, and at times I've even lost the horn entirely. But when it dries up, the horn comes back, full strength over a couple days.

Now, this is going on as I was driving back from my girlfriend's house. I take great care of this car and I have spent about $3,000 in repairs since buying it for $4,200 in 2013. It was a repo, but there were no accidents. I got two vehicle history reports to make sure. My guess is, once it was about to be repoed, the guy decided to ignore the maintenance on it. As a result I've had to give it a lot of TLC. It had 139000 miles on it when I got it, but I've put about 20k on it. New clutch, new belts, new water pump, new spark plugs, engine oil flush, never missed an oil change and use high milage oil. I even got the throttle body cleaned out. I take excellent care of this little thing. I'm really concerned. I can't afford more expensive repairs.

Anyone got any idea what's going on?
VIdeo is attached with me demonstrating the problems. Again, I've not seen it do this before. It's like the whole electrical system is taking a dump or I'm entering silent hill.

https://youtu.be/CxI34E8D5Ag
FiestaMan is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Fiesta