Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Panoz > AIV Roadster
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 08:42 PM   #1
92Panoz006
AF Newbie

Panoz AIV (92 w SS frame) - upgrades

I am certainly glad to be one of the newest AIV owners on the bloc... Glad to see a forum dedicated to Panoz AIV, and I am looking for some good feedback and lessons from some fellows...

So I just bought the 92 NB213006, and the first thing I recognize is the absolute joy of a ride this car is on two-lane roads..... Being one of Dan's first AIVs, it's base frame is the stainless steel tubing rather than the aluminum; I am certain that may have some merit in any answers from this forum.

O.k. so here's what I'd like to know from the group;

1. Brakes - this is a two part question... (a) has anyone modified the brakes on any of the Stainless Steel frame AIVs? (b) if so, what did you do?

2. Rearend - does anyone know what rear end Dan used in this car. Panoz's shop manager told my mechanic it may have been a Ford Intercepter, but he was going to see if he could find any records on this first one...

3. Exhaust - the exhaust on this car is a very rudimentary 2" steel pipe exhaust with a pair of cats tied together in an H configuration... This is a bit smallish for the GT 302, so I am inclined to ask if anyone has modified the exhaust, or if any one could lend some advise...
92Panoz006 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Panoz > AIV Roadster