Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-24-2003, 11:04 AM   #1
Donham
AF Newbie

Indianapolis Street racing hangouts?

Anyone here know about the street race schene in Indianapolis?
Where do the cars hang out, where do the import guys hang? Or detroit cars go?
I live 75 miles west of Indy, and re-doing my big 4200 lb sleeper car as mainly a quiet driver, but might want to play around some. Not into serious money racing, just some good fun.
Got to keep my 39 yr old blood "young" somehow.

thanks

scotty
Old 05-24-2003, 04:00 PM   #2
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-
I live nowhere near there... infact I'm on the other side of the country...

I just wanna know what you're doing to your Plymouth to make it fast. As you stated at 4200lbs you'll need some big cubes to move that two-ton-tilly.

Do tell!

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

-The Stig- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 10:38 PM   #3
Donham
AF Newbie

I just wanna know what you're doing to your Plymouth to make it fast. As you stated at 4200lbs you'll need some big cubes to move that two-ton-tilly.

4200 lbs, isn't too bad, it will be 4100 lbs when I get the alu heads/intake, take off air cond compresser..
Besides Dodge Chargers are all around 4000 lbs with big blocks.. 71-73's are 4100-4300 lbs..

1970 Buick GS Stage1 Skylarks are 4000 lbs, people have run 11's with them through exhaust manifolds in stock apearing type class drags...

I know 4100 lbs is heavy, and also I'm running (for now) 3.21 gears...
plan to run mid 12's without a bottle,
Engine a simple iron block 440, with a 4.15 stoke crank 493 cube, small/med cam, 11.0:1 quench compression.. Eddy heads intake... other goods..

people talk crap when they think they have a sleeper..
Big cars are the true sleepers, no one expects them to be fast...

The Reason I'm looking for imports is because easier picking for my heavy weight car... not to put them down I know those small engines can put out power with a ton of boost...
Also want to find 5.0's and Z28's too...
I have raced this car on the streets alot... with a 7.0:1 compression 440 motor rebuilt.... with good results...
Ran 14.10's 97 mph, small cam, mild ported heads, stock intake/carb (ran lean), small 2" dual exhaust, stock converter,..

a true 10.0:1 compression would probably get me low/mid 13's

Going to run forged pistons in case I plan to run NOS someday....

The car is really just a driver to be honnest, I plan to keep the idle fairly smooth, and run quad quiet exhaust mufs..

I like the sleepers, it's humiating to get outran by ocean liners...
427/454 Impalas/bysicans, 460 Lincons, 500 Caddys, 455 Olds 98's
Chevy or Dodge Truck with big blocks..
no one expects them to fly...

a Toyota Celica could have a supra package, a Dadge Dart that looks like Grannys car could have a 340 lurking under the hood, the Bland Nova might a 450 hp 383 small block (350 with 400 crank as you know)...
No one cars about the bog can, "TOO HEAVY, doesn't matter what it has!" poeple think, and also a -challenge- to make quick

Been though the muscle car street race days, lots of fun back in the 70's riding with my uncles and friends to my own in the early 80's through early 90's racing...
Back when we had clean fun....

Now a days it has mainly died out, it's who has the boomenist strerio playing "kill the white man" rap crap... selling crack..

now Ido not want to sounds like I pick on blacks... matter of facts..
Even a few black dudes who we raced with are still rednecks and drive the drags to this day.. one has a 68 road Runnder with a 800 hp Hemi... over at his hosue he lights up the slicks right in front of his house like the good ol days...

Not to sound old fashion, times change, , and I know there is some fun action out there, want to live some more before I turn too old... and every stopsign has a state police trafic camera

got to go, too long all ready.

scott
Old 05-25-2003, 11:27 PM   #4
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-
Quote:
Originally posted by Donham
the Bland Nova might a 450 hp 383 small block (350 with 400 crank as you know)...
Yeah, I know all about the Nova with the 383... I have one, mines making 425hp.

You can also make a 383 by taking a 350 crank and putting it into a 400 block taken .030 over. This would give you a de-stroked 400, a very rev happy motor. Unlike the my 383 which is a very torque happy motor.

I've never heard of the Chargers weighing over 4000lbs... I've always heard them being near 3500-3600lbs like the Buick Skylark. After all the Skylark is based off the same general chassis as the Chevelle which isnt near 4000lbs.

I've never heard of near stock Buick GS's running 11s with just I guess you mean Headers. The '70 455 Stage 1 only made 360hp @ 4600rpm 510ft-lbs @ 2800rpm.
They bested 0-60 in 6.5 sec, 1/4 mile in 13.8 sec @ 101 mph. Maybe you can elaborate on that more? Cause i'm not seeing the connection?

For Instance To get a 3600lb car into the 11s you'll need at least 440- 450hp to reach the 11s. Also to get a 4000lb car into the 11s, you'll need at least 460-500hp just to break into the 11s. Keep in mind this is under optimal conditions (Traction, shifting, etc.) and assumes that your are utilizing every bit of power. In reality, very few cars run 100% of their optimum. Wheelspin, slow shifting, clutch slippage, and other factors reduce the amount of usable horsepower. Figure on adding as much as 10% to the power numbers to get a real world estimate.

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

-The Stig- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:38 AM   #5
kebs44
AF Newbie

Re: Indianapolis Street racing hangouts?

on the south side of indy on us 31 or madison people hang out and race every weekend its the parking lot with tru motorsports koolsmile and the old target
kebs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:55 PM   #6
jeepgclwj
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebs44 View Post
on the south side of indy on us 31 or madison people hang out and race every weekend its the parking lot with tru motorsports koolsmile and the old target
I doubt you were even out of the diaper when this thread was started...

and why would you post up a spot to race on a public forum... GTFO!!!

358rwhp/358rwtq with stock LS1 intake
A4 3.23 lid, pacesetter lts, ory, 243 heads, SLP LMI, ZO6 cam, BBK SSI intake, 85 mm
jeepgclwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:24 PM   #7
Chiquae07
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Chiquae07 Send a message via MSN to Chiquae07

thank you google...

For those 9 seconds it takes me to reach 60mph, will be the most fun ill have in this car.
Chiquae07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:16 PM   #8
loxcar37
AF Newbie

there are three places i go to and 2 are right next to eachother
1 tru motorsports: has about 100-250 people there when its warm- one side of the lot is american and the other is foreign
2 o'reilly auto shop *not sure if that is wat it is called, right down the street from #1-- mostly mustangs and old
3 The suds- 90% american muscle and classic cars, the other 10 is the nice cars like new evos, vipers, lowriders, and rare cars
good luck
loxcar37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:52 PM   #9
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Send a message via AIM to CassiesMan

Back from the dead. Still... Christ on a cracker I thought my 3400 lb Z was a fucking boat as far as sports cars go...

Last edited by CassiesMan; 11-05-2010 at 09:13 PM.
CassiesMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:59 PM   #10
XterraRacer
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by -The Stig- View Post
I live nowhere near there... infact I'm on the other side of the country...

Do tell!
I am mainly here as well :-D
XterraRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 08:21 AM   #11
EclipseBlackedOut
AF Newbie

Hey I know this feed is probably dead but does anyone know where cars gather in Indy now? I just wanna go hang out with my 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse.
EclipseBlackedOut is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing