Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
WNathan67
AF Newbie

Isuzu Rodeo Runs HOt

I have a 1996 Isuzu Rodeo with 165k miles and I seem to have an issue with it running hot. I can drive the Rodeo for 5 to 8 miles one way and have to place water back in the radiator just to be able to get back to point A. I have changed the thermostat 3 times. I have an appointment for oil change tomorrow. I checked oil and it is Black, very black. So i do see it needs changed. Also I have noticed whenever I put the vehicle in 4x4 it loses power. The dash lights come on then go back off. I figure it was a ground wire shorting out. So I changed all ground wires on top I could find. Havent been under vehicle yet. Whenever I lose my power, cooling fan quits and gets hotter, then when power is restored, fan kicks in, and starts cooling down. But the water in the radiator keeps disappearing, and I have not seen no leakage, where is the water going? Does anyone know what is wrong with my Rodeo.

I have been reading alot of posts and still havent seen the answer. If anyone could guide me, I promise to keep updating until it is fixed so others will know what the problem was. Thank you

Last edited by WNathan67; 07-01-2010 at 04:51 PM.
WNathan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:29 PM   #2
Teeitup
AF Newbie

Re: Isuzu Rodeo Runs HOt

Sounds like a blown head gasket or cracked manifold.

What does your exhaust gas look like?
Teeitup is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
hot , isuzu , radiator , rodeo , short
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU