Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 04:38 PM   #1
65val
AF Newbie

'05 Escape starting problem

Hi all. '05 Escape 3.0L is developing a problem during starting. When you turn the key to "Start", I hear a relay/solenoid clicking rapidly as the starter is turning over. The engine does start, but it seems to be getting a bit harder to start lately. Is there a relay/solenoid somewhere that I can start checking? Thanks all.

Last edited by 65val; 11-17-2013 at 03:43 PM.
65val is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:07 AM   #2
rustydogy
AF Newbie

Re: '05 Escape starting problem

I believe the solenoid is located on the starter but you may want to look fore bad ground strap from engine to body also / you may also check the battery it may be getting week

Last edited by rustydogy; 11-17-2013 at 01:24 AM. Reason: lost the page
rustydogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 03:42 PM   #3
65val
AF Newbie

Thanks rustydogy. I'll check that ground. Battery is good...starter spins at correct speed, just getting this rapid clicking sound from a relay or solenoid as it's spinning. I was originally thinking it might be in the ignition switch in the column, but I'd like to check the easier stuff first!
65val is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:12 PM   #4
rustydogy
AF Newbie

Assuming the place did properly ( load test ) your starter, And that battery was ( load tested ) and both are good,That's all off the top of my head I can think of, Either a bad ground ,,or your pos cable is breaking down given the age its possible for that to happen, It would be possible that the wire from the switch to the solenoid is not carrying enough power too , but with every ford ive ever had its ben a ground tpy of thing
rustydogy is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid