Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-26-2002, 10:15 PM   #136
Murco
Maximum Car Guy

Send a message via Yahoo to Murco
Re: Missing Cars

Quote:
Originally posted by rooskibar03

This puts an intersting twist on the the feel of the cars, getting a pure horsepower american classic like the cobra will be a nice touch to this movie.
Unfortunately, they used a V6 Camaro (the black one in the album) instead of a Z28...how lame!
Old 10-26-2002, 10:23 PM   #137
Murco
Maximum Car Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by BingBingMa
and murco, u dick loving faggot, ur grand national would get its ass kicked by any stock s2000. (weak ass v6 making only 230, and its prolly the crank number, seeing as how murco loves shaft)

(heheh, im talking lots of smack today)
Yes you are! The Grand National's hp rating is off the crank, just like the S2000. The GN, with it's "weak-ass V6 turbo," would absolutely smoke an S2000 which doesn't produce shit for power until 5.5K rpm. It's all top end and absolutely gutless when it come to torque (which wins races)!! I ran an S2000 with my Jetta GLI and was side-by-side with him right up to shut down. I gave up 40 hp and 500 pounds of weight and it still couldn't waste me!!
Old 10-27-2002, 02:50 AM   #138
blindwhite
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to blindwhite
Re: Re: Re: jesus

Quote:
Originally posted by Murco

Pikes Peak is more of a traction race than horsepower, you forgot that 80% of it is DIRT!! And yet, in every other racing venue in the world were horribly inefficient US cars compete head-to-head with others, WE ALWAYS WIN!!!
You loser...who cares about the past, I dont, and that's why I look at now and who made it up. besides, that was the argument. it's still proven, stop breakin balls. Air and proper fuel makes power you jerk.
Oppose that and you'll be a fool. Say something again, and I'll just leave you to lose for not being a believer....if that's what you are trying to say.
Old 10-27-2002, 02:56 AM   #139
blindwhite
AF Newbie

Quote:

Pardon me, but OHV means NO cams over the head!! The only reason for putting over-head cams on a car is to reduce valvetrain friction and mass. Yes, pushrods engines can put out the same power numbers as an OHC engine, the position of the cam has nothing to do with available lift, duration, or ramp-angle. One only other benefit to OHC designs is more freedom to open the combustion chamber as in "Hemi" heads. Hmmmm, hemi-heads! Weren't those introduced by Chrysler in the early 60's?? Leave they engineering to the ENGINEERS, and if you think your S2000 with 240 hp can take my '87 Grand National with it's 230 hp V6, bring it on!!
Would anyone like to tell me how much the Grand National WEIGHs and how much the S2000 WEIGHs? Please
Old 10-27-2002, 10:44 AM   #140
BingBingMa
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to BingBingMa
the 2002 s2000 weighs in at 2800 lbs, while a 87 gn is 3250
Old 10-27-2002, 12:29 PM   #141
blindwhite
AF Newbie

really now...

Quote:
the 2002 s2000 weighs in at 2800 lbs, while a 87 gn is 3250
O K
One would be nuts to think that the power to weight ratio of the Grand National will outperform the S2000.

Where do these people come from?
Weight is one thing; Downforce is another.
Old 10-27-2002, 02:59 PM   #142
BingBingMa
AF Regular

murco does have a point about the s2000 in particular tho, the 240 horses dont kick in until 8300 rpm!!!, thats a little too long to wait for, so it wouldnt be all that hard to beat in a quarter. But murco, all u seem to talk about is going in a straight line, in a real race where u have to change the direction of the car and downshift, any domestic would get raped.
Old 10-27-2002, 07:21 PM   #143
blindwhite
AF Newbie

Quote:
murco does have a point about the s2000 in particular tho, the 240 horses dont kick in until 8300 rpm!!!, thats a little too long to wait for, so it wouldnt be all that hard to beat in a quarter. But murco, all u seem to talk about is going in a straight line, in a real race where u have to change the direction of the car and downshift, any domestic would get raped.
I doubt it would take forever and a day to rev and run the car up in first gear to 8300. the car is still light and an engine like that happens to rev to peak rather quickly, no slower than any other. After first gear it does not matter anymore about reaching peak because the rpm drops within the normal intervals of an upshift and the cars matched gear ratios; of course the RPM is going to already be up there ready for the next gear. Pop the clutch above 2000 with solid engine mounts and the car will reach peak in good time since the engine has less total mass to fight against. Engine itself is slightly oversquare and not a stroker, hence why the high rev. Maybe if the car was as heavy as the Grand National would the S2000 fall behind.
Old 10-27-2002, 10:01 PM   #144
Murco
Maximum Car Guy

Re: Re: Re: Re: jesus

Quote:
Originally posted by blindwhite

You loser...who cares about the past, I dont, and that's why I look at now and who made it up. besides, that was the argument. it's still proven, stop breakin balls. Air and proper fuel makes power you jerk.
Oppose that and you'll be a fool. Say something again, and I'll just leave you to lose for not being a believer....if that's what you are trying to say.
You lost me there, brainstorm! What point are you too desperately ignorant to get across??!!
Old 10-28-2002, 01:09 AM   #145
blindwhite
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: jesus

Quote:

You lost me there, brainstorm! What point are you too desperately ignorant to get across??!!
Read more often.

sorry if I like to use commas a lot. Maybe you dont comprehend because you are ignorant of simple vocabulary, and are trying to fit it all together with your poor knowledge of physics and the four-stroke engine. I wasn't trying to write an essay.

Both cars were hypothetically using the same 'dirt' track so it's still even. if you want to complain about traction then go start a new thread.
For the argument and the significant marginal difference, the engines performed different as they climbed in elevation.
Would it have been easier for you if we put the RB26DETT into the Viper, becuase I'm guessing the platform(body and wheels) are just keeping you from looking deeper?

Air and Proper fuel makes power.....you ignorant jerk.

Like what I said, how does this start from one person saying inefficiency, to another opposing, followed by someone explaining why, and then traction?
Because people like Murco stray off topic.
Old 10-28-2002, 08:27 AM   #146
DeViL
AF Enthusiast

lol

Really you had absolutely little point.

Quote:
The past matters quite a bit. It matters so much that you take history classes from grade school to college.

Quote:
Say something again, and I'll just leave you to lose for not being a believer....if that's what you are trying to say.
What in the hell are you talking about? Being a believer, a believer about what?
Old 10-28-2002, 09:09 AM   #147
BingBingMa
AF Regular

actually i dont think history is all that important, i still havent found any practical usage for all the years of histoyr ive learned, the importance of what happened before is not that significant, just because somehting has been someway doesnt mean it should stay that way.

but thats really getting off the topic of the cars, blindwhite is correct in his argument about volumetric efficiency, even if he does not articulate it the best.

a dohc will outperform the any ohv in a wide range of situations due to its ability to ingest for air, and thats the bottom line, no fancy calculations r needed.
Old 10-28-2002, 10:59 AM   #148
Fly Rice Racer
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Fly Rice Racer
Quote:
actually i dont think history is all that important, i still havent found any practical usage for all the years of histoyr ive learned, the importance of what happened before is not that significant, just because somehting has been someway doesnt mean it should stay that way.
Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
- AEM Cold Air Intake(Blue)
- AEM Air Bypass Valve
- REVO Short Shifter V2
- Kumo Sport DirectShift Conversion Kit Bushings
- Neuspeed Front Upper X-Brace Strut Bar
- MOMO Crystal Shift Knob(blue)
- M3 Power Mirrors w/ Turn Signal
- Ignited Push Button Starter(Blue)
- Hyper Blinker Strobe V2
- Shaved Emblems
- Tinted windows 35% on sides and 20% in the rear
- Sound System: Sony M650 head unit, Kicker SL7 12" Solobaric, and a bridged Rockford Fosgate 360a2 amp.
- Dynamated Trunk

Next Mod:
- Kamikaze Header 4-1 w/ Straight Pipe
- Apex-i VAFC

Old 10-28-2002, 11:06 AM   #149
BingBingMa
AF Regular

whats your point, according to divine reccurence, since time is infinite, all things that have have happened have occured before and will occur again in the future, so repetition is inevitable.

i think we are getting off topic though.
Old 10-28-2002, 11:25 AM   #150
Fly Rice Racer
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Fly Rice Racer
Quote:
i think we are getting off topic though.
Do ya really think so? LOL
- AEM Cold Air Intake(Blue)
- AEM Air Bypass Valve
- REVO Short Shifter V2
- Kumo Sport DirectShift Conversion Kit Bushings
- Neuspeed Front Upper X-Brace Strut Bar
- MOMO Crystal Shift Knob(blue)
- M3 Power Mirrors w/ Turn Signal
- Ignited Push Button Starter(Blue)
- Hyper Blinker Strobe V2
- Shaved Emblems
- Tinted windows 35% on sides and 20% in the rear
- Sound System: Sony M650 head unit, Kicker SL7 12" Solobaric, and a bridged Rockford Fosgate 360a2 amp.
- Dynamated Trunk

Next Mod:
- Kamikaze Header 4-1 w/ Straight Pipe
- Apex-i VAFC