Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Accord/TSX/Accord Hybrid
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 06:50 PM   #1
hondaboy16v
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to hondaboy16v
Question looks vs. performance

I was just wondering what ya'll thought about this arguement i got into with a buddy of mine the other day. He says make your ride look tight, then build the motor, because the only time people see what you got power wise is when your rollin'. I say, give it balls, then make it pretty. My ride is totally stock outside except for a 4 1/2 inch tip i put on it cause i couldn't stand the stock tailpipe look. I'll probably leave it stock after i get my lude mill dropped in too, just to surprise the hell out of that punk in the camaro sittin at the light next to me. :flamer: Anyhow, what do guys think about the whole looks vs. performance thing?
hondaboy16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 09:39 PM   #2
93speed
AF Enthusiast

I argue with myself all the time about this. A nice looking car gets looks from everyone. It really makes ya proud when people compliment your car. On the other hand, its pretty gratifying when you hand some punk-ass mustang driver his ass.

The way I look at it, you get in trouble more for a fast car. What good is it to have all that power and not use it? That motor taunts you until you use it to speed, race, show off, etc. Not to mention all the shit you get into when you street race. A lot of people are sore losers.

Bottom line, I can afford a LOT more fix-it tickets than racing or speeding tickets....until I turn 21 and get cheaper insurance
93speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 12:30 AM   #3
HondaChili
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to HondaChili
well the question u have to ask yourself here is
are u a racer or are u a guy who likes to turn heads. if u are a racer def do the engine mods cuz u love the speed, u love it when u see your oppnent in your rear view. but if u r a flaunter, body definitely comes first. its not a hard question, u just have to put your priorities first.

X 1993 MR2 Turbo X

New Project - 1997 Toyota Supra TT Limited Edition.

HondaChili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 01:12 AM   #4
strodda
AF Enthusiast

well hondaboy, im gonna agree with both of you. i would prefer a little of both, if thats an option. i wouldnt want a decked out car with 50hp, nor would i want a 500hp box-on-wheels. like my car, im basically done for now. itll be a couple years, but when im all debt free, instead of getting a new car i plan on getting a swap. but i got a little of both for now. lowering with rims adds a nice touch, along with a couple "ghetto" custom mods. inside, again, just the basic mods... but its better than stock.

just think of cars like girls. would you want an ugly chick with brains, a fineass dumbshit, or a bit of both?
Old 10-19-2002, 10:05 AM   #5
tBwIoGn
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to tBwIoGn
Well let me go ahead and throw my two pennies in here...I'd rather have my car look nice...not necesarilly fast..but nice...i would do my interior and exterior mods before i put the power into it. But don't try to make your car look like something it's not...nobody likes a ricer.

So Far
------------
*Altezza Tails
*2 Rockford Fosgate Punch Z 12's
*Custom Brake/Gas Pedals
*Big Ass Dent in passenger door

tBwIoGn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 12:18 AM   #6
Atariallstar
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Atariallstar
i asked myself the same thing 3 years ago ...and i first chose looks... then i realized how much it sux not to be able to put a persons money where there mouth is cause the cars so god awful slow. so now ive gotten myself deep into the motor swapping thing. so my car has all the looks, and will soon have plenty (enough for me) of speed. anyone know of a set of lude cams that can be used with stock valvetrain? i havent looked yet..but i wanted to ask while im posting..heck with postwhoring the boards up :smoker:

jdmclub sux for swaps.....5 months and overpriced in the end.
the future is near ! ! !
buyin another hatch so if you have one. let me know.
just bought 94 civic cx hatch
Atariallstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 11:43 PM   #7
friedcircuit
AF Newbie

i myself am a sleeper kind of guy i love rolling up to a light next to a supposed hot rod, with my car looking mostly stock and getting the guys attention with a weak little rev just to fire him up. he thinks he gonna school this "factory" honda then when it hits green you just see his jaw drop a foot into his lap when he gets smoked by a "stock-looking" import. its a bast!!!:badass:
friedcircuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 02:52 AM   #8
Hondawg1990
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Hondawg1990
I'm all down with the performance myself. I've got a bunch of people telling me that I should get rims and lower do all this fancy stuff to it. But I like the idea of pulling up to the light and having the guy next to me think he's going to school me, when he's actually not. Right now when/if something is going bad on my car I will replace it with a "more looks/upgraded part". Like my lights, I've noticed around my town is that if you have all this fancy fixings on your car the cops are all over you and going try and pull you over for something. But when it all comes down to it, it's all on your preference.
Hondawg1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 11:50 AM   #9
89AccordHatch
AF Regular

my opinion....do really simple stuff to make the car look nice...but put most of your dough in the engine. make it so when someone gets in your car, they say " wow...nice" but then you slam the gas and they say "HOLY SHIT!!"
89AccordHatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 04:53 PM   #10
crazieaccord
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to crazieaccord
personally I wish, at times, that I had a fast car. but I've noticed that my accord will NEVER be fast. She looks pretty good, but thats about it right now. She kinda sounds mean...lol. but I like both...my boyfriends car attempts to be fast (jk), and I attempt to show my car.
crazieaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 11:39 AM   #11
Hey its antman
AF Regular

Thats having the best of both worlds. I like looks better.....:hehehe:

A little something to check out....
Hey its antman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 09:00 PM   #12
pimpstyles77
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to pimpstyles77
I HAVE ONE THING TO SAY. "WHY BUY BIG CONDOMS WHEN YOU HAVE A SAMLL DICK" ALL SHO' NO GO' LOOKS ARE GOOD DONT G ET ME WRONG BUT WHEN YOUR PUT TO THE TEST WHAT HAPPENS, YOU GET SMOKED OR YOU SMOKE THEM, THEN WHO HAS ALL THE BITCHES HAHAH

pimpstyles77 is offline   Reply With Quote