Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Grand Cherokee | Grand Cherokee SRT8
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 07:07 PM   #1
dss56
AF Regular

2011 JGC Horn not working

I just bought a used 2011 jeep grand Cherokee and the horn worked for 5 days and then now its not working. I checked all the fuses and the relay will click when you hit the steering wheel and also on the remote lock you can hear the relay click but no horn.

I find it hard that both high and low horns would go at the same time.

Seems the front bumper skin has to come off to get the grill off to hot wire the horns to see if they work.

Is there a better way to check the horns as you cant get to them without removing the front grill.

Another brain fart some asshole had so you have to remove the lower bumper skin to remove the grill.

thnaks
dss56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 08:46 PM   #2
JeepForever
AF Regular

Re: 2011 JGC Horn not working

I'm not an expert on the 2011, so I'll just tease you with my horn resolution on my 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I was able to replace the horn from underneath, looking up behind the bumper cover. One of the two horns worked so I did minimal diagnostics (perhaps connecting 12 volts directly to the horn to confirm it was dead), then unbolted the old and installed the new.
Look around and see if you can visually see the horn through the bumper cover or from various angles. Sometimes if you can see it, you can remove it without taking off other parts. If you must take off the bumper cover, see if you can get away with removing one side. If it's easy enough, take the cover off and get the job done.
JeepForever is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Grand Cherokee | Grand Cherokee SRT8