Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 08:05 PM   #1
mechanic man
AF Newbie

Need wiring diagrams

I hope I put this in the right place.

I am doing a rod project. I am taking the motor and motor cradle out from under a 1995 Dodge Caravan and putting it under the rear of the Ford Ranger.

My problem is that I can't find complete wiring diagrams for these two vechiles. Where the wiring harness comes through the firewall into the engine compart, I need to know what each wire for each vechile is so that I can wire the Caravan engine harnass to the Ranger harness.

I have been a mechanic for 35 years, love to do rod projects, and am now retired from active work. I no longer have access to the diagrams and don't know where to find them. The dealers say they can't help me. Auto Zones diagrams are not complete enough. I even tried All Data and never did find the diagram for the wiring harness where it comes through the firewall.

Any help would be appreciated as I would like to start this project soon, but won't start until I have the wiring harness information so that I know I will be able to wire the thing up.

Thanks. But the way, this is my first post in AF.

mechanic man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:35 PM   #2
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

Re: Need wiring diagrams

Welcome to AF.

All I can suggest is the Haynes or Chiltons manuals usually have highly - detailed wiring diagrams included.

Get the reading glasses out.... the diagrams look like burned spaghetti, but are thorough.

This is for a new manual...... possibly you may find a used one out there for less.

BTW, the site could hook you up with the Ranger manual, too:

http://www.haynes.com/products/?sear...ravan&x=15&y=9
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:09 PM   #3
mechanic man
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
Welcome to AF.

All I can suggest is the Haynes or Chiltons manuals usually have highly - detailed wiring diagrams included.

Get the reading glasses out.... the diagrams look like burned spaghetti, but are thorough.

This is for a new manual...... possibly you may find a used one out there for less.

BTW, the site could hook you up with the Ranger manual, too:

http://www.haynes.com/products/?sear...ravan&x=15&y=9

Thanks Majic, I have the Haynes manual for the Caravan. Bought it years ago when I had some problem with the truck. But there is not diagram for the harness where it comes through the firewall. I have traced the wires for the different diagrams but can't get a complete list of all the wires coming through the firewall. Now this is a Haynes manual that I bought at Auto Zone. I'm assuming that the on you linked me to is the same manual.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:42 PM   #4
MagicRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanic man View Post
Thanks Majic, I have the Haynes manual for the Caravan. Bought it years ago when I had some problem with the truck. But there is not diagram for the harness where it comes through the firewall. I have traced the wires for the different diagrams but can't get a complete list of all the wires coming through the firewall. Now this is a Haynes manual that I bought at Auto Zone. I'm assuming that the on you linked me to is the same manual.
It would be the same book, yes.

I am going to move this thread to the Engineering/Technical forum as it is a more appropriate place for this subject and is busier than the Muscle Car forum. Hopefully we can get additional input.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:59 AM   #5
shorod
SHO No Mo

For at least the Ranger diagram, Alldata should allow you to look up individual connector pinouts. I guess you're not as interested in that as you are in the diagram for the Caravan. I'm not as familiar with Chrysler diagrams from that era, but the Alldata information seems to be factory service manual information. If the factory knows what the pinout it, it should be found within Alldata. I pulled up the subscription I have form my Mom's 2003 Caravan and it looks pretty darn complete. During my quick look I did not find one single wiring diagram for the harness that goes through the firewall, but a series of related diagrams that should get you there. It may not be quick, and it won't be easy, but the info should be there. For the 2003 I looked at the cruise control wiring diagram which I knew would have wires going through the firewall. In that diagram is a connector C200. I then went to "Connector Views" and pulled up C200. This is a 74-terminal connector with a "Body Side" and an "Instrument Panel Side." It shows which terminals are populated, what circuit they're part of, and the wire color. In some cases it gives a generic description of the circuit. Not quite as nice as what I'm used to with similar Ford diagrams, but it appears to be there.

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:32 AM   #6
sethmaya15
AF Newbie

i Need wiring Diagramss
sethmaya15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:56 AM   #7
MagicRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethmaya15 View Post
i Need wiring Diagramss
For what vehicle (year, make, model)?
Old 09-07-2009, 03:00 AM   #8
owen248
AF Newbie

hey ppl, greetings from Malta (europe).
friend of mine has a 2002 tata indica v2 diesel. a search online for the manual reveals the user manual which is too basic.. he's looking for circuit diagrams. unfortunately haynes do not publish tata as they're not european (yet, although nano seems like it'll make it).
would really appreciate if someone could send additional info, thanks a million.

owen
owen248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:00 AM   #9
rzramon
Banned

Kindly find the wiring diagrams of 1995 Dodge Caravan, You can find more diagrams on google by entering keyword as "1995 Dodge Caravan wiring diagram " . Hope this will certainly help you out.

Regards,
Razor
rzramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:31 PM   #10
mechanic man
AF Newbie

Ok guys, I know it has been a long time, but shortly after posting this request my computer crashed. I stored it, then I bought another computer of the same brand that had a bad hard drive for almost nothing and installed the HD from the crashed computer.

When I went to the favorites I found this link. So I wanted to just drop in and say thanks. Didn't want to leave the impression that I just took you advice, which I couldn't at the time becasue I couldn't get here, and ran. Thanks.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical