Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Talk
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 09:45 AM   #1
marty64
AF Newbie

best way to wash car

i have a black mustang and i was wondering if anyone knew of a way to wash cars with out leaving streaks
marty64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:29 AM   #2
blksnake04
AF Newbie

Re: best way to wash car

i have a black 04 snake and ifound that using a good yet mild car wash soap the drying with a shammy-lambskin clothe wringing it out often then follow with a reputable detailer spray
blksnake04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:36 PM   #3
dizzle1
AF Regular

Re: best way to wash car

If you got nice paint quality on your vehicle I say hand wash only because of the shit people take into the carwash like rusty doors and then heavy brushes against the gloss. But if your paint isn't great and the car has its flaws take it to the car wash unless its a nice car you don't plan or repainting.

Rinse the whole car first.

Get a wheel scrub brush to get into the wheels, think what you want of this but oven cleaner cleans my alloy wheels good as brand new I would not try it on painted or chrome/polished wheels. Scrub the dirt off sidewalls rinse wheels again.

On the body use some hand mitts and use the black net on the backside for all the windows and glass like surfaces and also clean the wiper blades. Then rinse off. When time to dry take it for a spin then use a towel and brush out the lint’s with it as you go. Then use some shammies to get the streaks out of the glass and where ever else you suspect them.

Then last some tire shine with a sidewall brush.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Talk