Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 05:33 PM   #16
jpb53
AF Enthusiast

Re: Check Engine Light -- P0456

A small leak can turn into a large leak with time. With an evap leak your car can be polluting sitting in your garage as it is releasing hydrocarbons into the atmosphere.
jpb53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:22 PM   #17
autotech234
AF Newbie

glade to hear its fix. Car Repair cost so much. I dont no how people do it. That why im here to help if you need any thing
autotech234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:38 PM   #18
Fedgan
AF Newbie

Re: Check Engine Light

Good afternoon – I have a check engine light on my 2003 town and country van – do you may know where can I take it for some to give me the code? do you know if Auto zone do it for free? Sorry to ask running a very low budget
Fedgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:04 PM   #19
RIP
AF -Advisor

Re: Check Engine Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedgan View Post
Good afternoon – I have a check engine light on my 2003 town and country van – do you may know where can I take it for some to give me the code? do you know if Auto zone do it for free? Sorry to ask running a very low budget
In most states Autozone will check your codes for free as will most other automotive parts stores. One exception is California. A state mandate says they can't check them at all. When you get the code come back here and post it in a new thread. Click "New Thread" at top left of the opening page of the Caravan forum.

07 Fusion / 06 RAV4 / 06 Accord / 96 Gr Caravan
RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:52 PM   #20
Bigbuckjohn
AF Newbie

I believe P0456 is a vacuum leak (major). I think a minor leak is P0445? Anyway, all you have to do is with the car off, turn the ignition switch off and on 3 times. The codes will come up in your odometer. Then you can go to google and google Dodge/Chrysler T&C codes and find out which one it is. My vacuum leak turned out to be a small 1/4 inch hose (90 degree elbow) on the sensing line from the gas tank (located on the driver side under the car). It was cracked on the top and didn't even show from the bottom, it had to be removed to find the crack. Now I have another check engine light, small vacuum leak, and am looking for it. What a pain they are.
Bigbuckjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:17 PM   #21
RIP
AF -Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbuckjohn View Post
I believe P0456 is a vacuum leak (major). I think a minor leak is P0445? Anyway, all you have to do is with the car off, turn the ignition switch off and on 3 times. The codes will come up in your odometer. Then you can go to google and google Dodge/Chrysler T&C codes and find out which one it is. My vacuum leak turned out to be a small 1/4 inch hose (90 degree elbow) on the sensing line from the gas tank (located on the driver side under the car). It was cracked on the top and didn't even show from the bottom, it had to be removed to find the crack. Now I have another check engine light, small vacuum leak, and am looking for it. What a pain they are.
I've given up on recommending the key cycle to get the codes. Folks come back too many times saying, "I can't get it to work". Connecting a scanner is a sure fire code getter. As for your small leak, if you can't find it in the usual places (see the video on youtube) take it to just about any shop. They will trace it using a smoke machine. Makes the leak obvious.

"The codes will come up on your odometer". Works on 4th generation vans and some later 3rd gens. Otherwise count the SES light flashes.

Old 11-04-2011, 03:03 PM   #22
seth83
AF Newbie

i have a 2002 T&C with the following codes: p1684, p0442, p0455, p0306, p0456. this seems very common on here and i need a lot of help narrowing these problems down. it seems like the 0442, 0455, and 0456 are some how connected. what are the most common causes of these codes. i've just found this forum and don't have time tonight to check what has already been suggested on here but am open to any more suggestions, i have to get these codes taken care of for inspection, thanks
seth83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:33 PM   #23
RIP
AF -Advisor

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager