Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 06:04 AM   #16
WakkaWu
Banned

Send a message via AIM to WakkaWu
Its not a Japanese car?
WakkaWu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 02:28 PM   #17
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie
Quote:
Originally posted by WakkaWu
Its not a Japanese car?

For it to be a Japanese car it would have to be designed and built excluisvly in Japan.
However much of the design and enginering for the new Z was done in the USA, the car was designed largly by Americans for Americans, and Nissan will be aiming to sell more in the US than anywhere else in the world.
Its like a lot of "American Domestics" are actualy designs from Ford or GM in Europe, and are made in Brazil, and the only conection they have with the US is that they are sold there. Yet many ppl still consider them "domestics" rather than "imports".
The whole distinction is archiehic, and should have been left in the late 70s where it had some truth.
Old 12-09-2002, 06:02 PM   #18
vortech
AF Enthusiast

talkin crap over a Nissan 350z aftermarketed

big deal----the 350z without a turbo isn't going to scare any Eaton/Cobras----not the very least------specially when you open it up to slam down 500rwtq----needless to say, the 350z is pretty good------but pretty good doesn't put an 03 snake in your rear view mirror. The 350Z has a long way to go to put fear into any top dog. I love the carbon fiber driveshaft though. swap the gears though in the 350Z----and you have a sub 5 sec. car. Personally, 0-60 doesn't mean shit. 1/4 mile sprints are more of a tell all than anything---thats where power assessment has to be focused on.

2001 mustang cobra convertibe
Vortech V-2 SQ blower (10.5psi)
4:10 gears & ford racing throttle body
03 JBA shorty headers + FR500 exhaust
Bassani X-pipe
Kenny Brown IRS level 2 suspension
IRS pinion brace
Kenny Brown K-member & control arms
Carbon Fiber driveshaft
522RWHP / 493RWTQ
vortech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 07:05 PM   #19
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ
Ah....classic argument with NO real winner....EVER. Oh well. I have a bitter hatred for muscle cars. As one post said....no refinement. However, it does come down to the tastes of the buyer. 5.4 0-60 is still REALLY fast....how fuckin fast does this famed stang that everyone is talking about go?! Can't be ALL that much faster! Besides...the Z is so efficient (did you know it's actually a LEV?...impressive for a sub 5.5 second 0-60 car...) that with a few mods, I don't think it would have TOO much trouble keepin up with just about anything you can sling it's way.

Another thing....1/4 mile races....never really understood em.....it's really hard on the car, it's so fuckin short...there's not much to it, really. Wanna race a mile race?

If you want the fastest thing on the road either A: buy a McLaren F1 (0-60 in 3.3 sec) or B: buy a super bike.

FUN FACT: The 1998 Mustang Cobra has a 0-60 time of 5.8 sec!!!....WORSE THEN THE Z!!!!! HAAAA.
Source: http://www.ventifrap.com/cobra/specs.html
longlivetheZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 07:36 PM   #20
WakkaWu
Banned

The point is that the Z will not beat a Stang,Trans Am or Vette
Old 12-10-2002, 05:52 AM   #21
vortech
AF Enthusiast

03 is much faster than the Z

is not even close. 5.4 is pretty fast----but a sad fast mark considering how close in price both the Z and 03 are. I have a buddy who just bought the G35 coupe----of which is very close to the Z----I've driven it on a highway----pretty quick------but not pretty fast. The 03 Cobra in stock form is still much quicker than the Z. Its the new Z06 running mate. The only reason previous Cobras just had no zip----is because they are all equipped with the lame as 3:27 gears. How the hell are you going to get anywhere fast with that rearend? Those cars were made for 4:10. and that 4:10 snake----still takes out the Z. But of course----there are many more ways to compare a car---other than straight sprint time----that much---I agree with you bro.:smoker:

2001 mustang cobra convertibe
Vortech V-2 SQ blower (10.5psi)
4:10 gears & ford racing throttle body
03 JBA shorty headers + FR500 exhaust
Bassani X-pipe
Kenny Brown IRS level 2 suspension
IRS pinion brace
Kenny Brown K-member & control arms
Carbon Fiber driveshaft
522RWHP / 493RWTQ
vortech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 09:53 AM   #22
turbo2nr
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
u people are jus puttin a stock v-6 against a stock v-8!

what if u modifyed both of them......
i would have 2 go with the z cause in japan in 1 or those races where they put japs n american cars racing together the vq35dett (350zmotor) came in overall in 3rd place!
btw place 1 and 2 belongs to the supra!

wat im tryin 2 say is that once the turbo packages comes out for the 350z the will be a force to be recokned wit!

nuff said!
:sun:

Shift_BOOST
97 s14
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 03:05 PM   #23
WakkaWu
Banned

But the Snake Vette and Trans all weigh much more than the Z.The Z is much lighter so the fact that its a V6 against a V8 shouldnt matter too much.And if you put 20 grand into both of them the Snake and F-bodies are still going to win.The Z has 287HP.Even with a turbo package do you think that it will beat the Vette which has 405HP,Snake with 390HP and Trans Am with 325HP?
Old 12-10-2002, 03:19 PM   #24
turbo2nr
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
a vq35de wit 20g invested into da motor can easily make over 450hp @ da weels
have u ever seen a tunned 300z
those have about the same motor except for sum minor changes.

so 20g into a 350z motor in a 350z and it will make 450+ hp no problem!!!!

Shift_BOOST
97 s14
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 03:39 PM   #25
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie
Quote:
Originally posted by sr20det2nr

so 20g into a 350z motor in a 350z and it will make 450+ hp no problem!!!!
Be fair here:
But 20grand into a small block chev and it will make a hell of a lot more then 450hp. More like twice that number.
Old 12-10-2002, 03:43 PM   #26
WakkaWu
Banned

450HP?I highly doubt it.Where are you getting your information?
Old 12-11-2002, 12:27 AM   #27
TOO Z MAXX
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by WakkaWu
But the Snake Vette and Trans all weigh much more than the Z.The Z is much lighter so the fact that its a V6 against a V8 shouldnt matter too much.And if you put 20 grand into both of them the Snake and F-bodies are still going to win.The Z has 287HP.Even with a turbo package do you think that it will beat the Vette which has 405HP,Snake with 390HP and Trans Am with 325HP?
Wrong

The Z06 is actually lighter than a 350Z
According to Car and Driver the 350Z Touring weighs in at 3363. I weighed my my Camaro SS at the track and it came in at 3340. That was with the backseat and spare tire out of the car. I dont have the exact weight of the Vette but it is about 200 lbs lighter than a Camaro. The TA for some reason is a tank and usually comes in just above 3500 lbs.

Also the 2000 and up Vette, Trans Am and Camaro are also LEV rated.
Old 12-11-2002, 03:17 AM   #28
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ
The engine code on the 350 Z engine is VQ35DE, not VQ35DETT. TT signifies a Twin Turbo, like the VG30DETT as in the Z32TT (90-96 300 ZX Twin Turbo). We'll make all you mother fuc*ers eat your words now. When we get a Z33TT, you'll fuckin choke on em.

The Z will not beat a Stang (YEA FUCKIN RIGHT, MAN) a Trans Am (wrong a-gaaaaaaaain) is a fuckin joke. Me and my neighbor raced a 4.6L gt stang and beat the shit out of him in his GTA Trans Am. MY 86 2+2 beat that TA in any thing he threw about an hour and a half ago. So I can beat the shit out of a stock 4.6 Stang, and a Stock GTA TA. The Vette would be a good race....especailly if it's a Z06 against the new Z. The regular new skool vette starts at 43K. That's a lot more then the base for a 350....and a LOT more for the Z06. I actually like the new vettes. Beautiful cars. The Z06 is one BAD bitch too. They're just really expensive. Who'd win against a new Z and a Vette...a Vette. But they're more expensive too. If I got the Track Z (~33K) and dumped the remainder that I'd spend on the Vette into the Z, I bet I'd win...and STILL be a LEV. The TA, Cam, and Vette are LEV...where'd you hear that? No where on the Chevy website do I see LEV for the Vette. I'm too drunk to look for the Camaro. I'm goin to bed soon. The Vette gets 18/19MPG in the city....you're tellin me THAT'S a Low Emission Vehicle???.....................

I think the new Z would make a lot more then 450hp if you dumped that much into it. Saying you could dump 20K into ANYTHING is just dumb...I could probably dump twenty thousand dollars into a fuckin Dodge Caravan and make it pretty fuckin fast, man. That's just stupid. That's a shit load of money.

I cannot find ANY 0-60 stats on a 2003 ShitStain Cobra. If that's the car that I'm thinkin of, it is pretty bad. But it's, once again, more expensive.

I'm gunna go pass out now.

--Peace out, Yo.....
longlivetheZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 04:07 AM   #29
Moppie
Master Connector

Dont ya love posting while drunk! :ylsuper :ylsuper :ylsuper :ylsuper :ylsuper
Old 12-11-2002, 05:04 AM   #30
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino
Well i would say 350Z versus the Mach1 mustang has been answered by Car and Driver. The mustang beat the 350z in a straight line but got wooped on the track.

I would suspect that this will be the result of most fights between 350Z and f bodies/mustang. The v8's will win hand down in the 1/4 but lose on a track to the fairlady.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons