Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Galant
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 08:52 AM   #16
RahX
AF Enthusiast

Re: Water leaking in 2002 Galant LS

The gasket is actually a 3in thick egg shaped piece of foam sandwiched between the drain and the firewall. If you ever remove it, it will be 1/4-1/2in thick and hard/crumbly.
RahX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:40 PM   #17
jimmy_dean
AF Newbie

Hello All,

New link for the photos I took while repairing the water issue on our 2003 Galant:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=5B2A6...D8C06FDA%21107

Still working like a charm

JD
jimmy_dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:35 PM   #18
mike in georgia
AF Newbie

Hi, I am new to this forum and haven't posted before. I just bought a 2001 galant for my 16 yr old.All was good till hot ga summer came along,then the water in the floor showed up. last friday night I decided to try and unstop the drain,well it wasn,t stopped up just running back into the car on the outside of the tube thanks to the cheap worn out gasket.I decided after tearing out the trim and carpet to research it online. Turns out its a pretty common problem. I read all the fixes and attempts and one guy had said if you could find a 90 degree hose to put on the end of the drain.... Well saturday it hit me what would work how about a 90 degree spark plug boot from a chevy?? I went to the basement found an old plug wire pulled off the end and went back outside. At first it didnt want to go on but an old body man told me years ago you could shove a basketball through a garden hose if you greased it up with brake fluid.I put a little in the end and it went right on and the 90 side goes right between the power steering lines.Ive had it on for a week and it has drained outside and not a drop inside the car.I'll try to get pics tomorrow.Its worked for me hopefully itll work for you guys and save you a lot of aggrevation and money.
mike in georgia is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Galant