Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Accord/TSX/Accord Hybrid
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-05-2002, 08:46 PM   #1
Protek
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Protek
How many hondas do you or have you owned?

How many hondas do you or have you owned?

I am on my 4th.

I have never owned anything other than a honda. When I was 14 I bought first one,

1979 Honda Accord. Blue 2dr hatch

Sold that one for about 100 bucks and upgraded to

1985 Honda Accord LX. Blue 4dr

Paid 1,200 bucks for it. Some old lady hit my passenger side pretty good when I was going through an intersection and totaled that one.
Sold it for about 100 bucks. Then I bought a

1987 Honda CRX SI. Red 2dr (of course) Power sunroof and no power stearing.

Traded that one in for my

1992 Honda Accord LX 2dr, Toupe/Champaign

Which is the car I still drive today.

How bought you cats?

Caution: I drive like you do.
Protek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 08:48 PM   #2
Stoned Raider
Banned

None
Stoned Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 08:50 PM   #3
93speed
AF Enthusiast

My dad had a 89 accord and sold that after 212,000 miles
Then he got a 93 accord which I have now.
Now he drives a 97 accord.

With the luck I'm having (knock on wood) I'm hopefully gonna have a bigger list of my own.
93speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 09:31 PM   #4
Protek
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Protek
Quote:
Originally posted by 93speed
My dad had a 89 accord and sold that after 212,000 miles
Then he got a 93 accord which I have now.
Now he drives a 97 accord.

With the luck I'm having (knock on wood) I'm hopefully gonna have a bigger list of my own.
Sweet. I wished my parents would have given me a car, that would be sweet. O well, nothing wrong with working hard to get what you want.

Caution: I drive like you do.
Protek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 09:55 PM   #5
PuNi§hEr
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to PuNi§hEr
I started with a two door 89 Accord SEI, Sold that one and got a 4-door 96 accord LX. Had to sell that one an got a 4-door 89 accord dx. After i got myself straight i also bought me a 92 accord EX. Then i traded the 89 in on a 98 civic LX. I kinda got a thing for Honda's eh?
PuNi§hEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 10:41 PM   #6
brads94accord
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to brads94accord Send a message via AIM to brads94accord
well my dad bought my 94 back in 95 for 15k$ and drove it until it was payed off, then bought a 2002 VW passat 1.8T and gave the accord to me. this accord is the only one ive had, i may buy a prelude sometime in the next 2-3 years. my family has had a lot of hondas tho, my moms past three cars have been american cars and everytime we buy them we regret it cause they all end up in the shop for problems.
16" konig reigns
3.25 inch drop on sprints and bec-techs.
clears all around, intake, custom rear section exhaust
farenheight plasma xenon headlights
click for my website
brads94accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 08:34 AM   #7
93speed
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Protek

Sweet. I wished my parents would have given me a car, that would be sweet. O well, nothing wrong with working hard to get what you want.
I wish they would have given me a car too. I had to buy that car with my own money, but I did get a pretty good price on it.
93speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 04:27 PM   #8
Shariq
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Shariq
When I was 9, my family got a Accord LXi sedan in '89. We kept that for years and then sold it to my uncle. Then we got an 95 Acura Legend GS (it IS a Honda car), and gave it back when the lease ended in '98. In '99, I got a used Accord Cpe. (94 EX). And finally, just two weeks ago my family got an Odyssey. So that makes 4 total. God willing an S2000 this summer if I can convince my old man.
Shariq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 10:30 PM   #9
nittanys1
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nittanys1
this will be the third ACCORD EX 4dr in family history, mom had an 89 accord ex 4 dr (light "metal" blue). then sold that to my cuz and it caught on fire when she(my cuz) let a friend use it one night. Then after mom sold that she got a 95 accord ex 4dr (burgundy), she then gave me that car for my 16th B-day and got a BMW Z3, my Girl winded up TOTALLING that and I got $12,000 from insurance a got a 99 accord ex 4 dr, and its all paid off
nittanys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 02:40 AM   #10
Jareds 89 LX-i
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Jareds 89 LX-i
Well I'm only on my 1st, and there's only 2 in the family. Both my mom and I are sold on Hondas though.

My mom originally bought the '89 Accord LX-i back on May 30, 1997 with 140k and near mint condition. She drove a looooong ways to work everyday and racked up the miles. Then on March 27, 2000, with 253k miles, she rearended a minivan on the highway and totalled it (long story) . She used the insurance money to pay it off, and couldn't drive (legally) for 6 months, so she saved up some $$$. After the '89 sat for about 4 months, I started fixing it up and driving it around. She said if I wanted it I could have it (253k and $4k front end damage...fixed it myself, so don't call me spoiled, heh). Then when October rolled around, I found a '94 Accord EX sedan on the internet that we went and looked at (she wouldn't even consider anything but a Honda, after the '89 was sooooo reliable). Needless to say, we came home with a Cashmere '94 Accord EX sedan with about 135k (if I remember right), and it was paid in full (she got a super deal....about $4400 if I remember correctly. The car was on a BMW/Porsche/Lexus/Mercedes dealers lot, so they wanted it gone, hehe)

Soooo....she's still driving the '94 Accord, now at 153k, and she loves it, and I'm (obviously) still driving the '89 Accord with 287,600 miles, and I love my car too, even though it's not as pretty as it used to be, still reliable as they come . Now we're both Honda-haulics, and plan to purchase many Hondas in the future (that is if this one ever dies....doesn't look like it as of yet )

Sorry for the looong azz story

Go to OUR new site @ www.3geez.com

Click image to go to our new home

Jareds 89 LX-i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 12:28 PM   #11
92AccordCoupe
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to 92AccordCoupe Send a message via AIM to 92AccordCoupe Send a message via Yahoo to 92AccordCoupe
my parents bought me mine after i graduated high school...i'm still driving it and plan to keep it for another several years...