Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Panoz > AIV Roadster
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 09:40 PM   #31
ac427cpe
two wheels

Send a message via AIM to ac427cpe
here's one at an autoX in phx, sadly, i wasn't racing at this one...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg panoz autox.jpg (58.4 KB, 18 views)

No more project cars. I wonder how long that will last...
ac427cpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 10:35 PM   #32
Gafoto
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Gafoto Send a message via MSN to Gafoto
Isn't the 0-60 under 3 seconds? This thing is wack!
Gafoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 10:24 AM   #33
PanozMike
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to PanozMike
Re: Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorclub
Just beware that this roadster has had issues with water leaking in with the ragtop in place. This car is very unique. It is close to being a true sports car. The orginal meaning of sports car was a car without side windows, little or no luxury features, and small in size. The Panoz is a good modern version of the traditional sports car. The Vette is a great modern style sports car. That new ZO6 is wicked.
No, what you described was the traditional definition of a roadster, not a sports car.
PanozMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 10:27 AM   #34
PanozMike
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to PanozMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gafoto
Isn't the 0-60 under 3 seconds? This thing is wack!
No it's about 4.5 seconds. If you can find of of the 4 factory supercharged cars, it'll do it in like 3.8 seconds!
PanozMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 08:41 PM   #35
ZONAProadster
AF Newbie

a couple of yrs ago the panoz was not a rare car around my town. a guy lived no farther than a 100 yrds and owned a 1998 blue with black int.. one day when i was heading home from a day of cruising on the beach i happened to see the blue panoz and another red with tan int. but now i have the only one.

this car is a blast to drive (driven atleast once a month), gets plenty of attention and is very rare
#22 of 76
ZONAProadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 06:59 PM   #36
ZONAProadster
AF Newbie

ZONAProadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 08:46 AM   #37
Thunderchero
AF Newbie

Cool Re: Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzo@af
HEY! This is a new forum, Panoz. I requested it to the AF God. I just felt that these cars are well deserving of praise, so if you wish to praise them, feel free.

Well, these are some specs on the AIV roadster.

AIV stands for Aluminum Intensive Vehicle. The extensive use of Aluminum (70%) considerably cut weight.

It's powered by a Cobra 4.6L V8. With 4 Overhead Cams and 32 valves it puts out 305 hp and gets the car to 60 in 4.4 seconds!

Hey- I just got my 98 AIV and I'm sooo pleased with it, Iresearched these cars for almost 2 years and tried to buy 3 of them but every time I got close- they were gone! Not this time- Black with tan- 15k - nice nice nice with the optional tool kit. What a riot- like a street rod-(had several)- like a sand rail(had several)- like my Harley but faster & much cooler. I work in a dealership with all kinds of exotics- This got everybody's attention.
Anybody come up with a better set up for the speaker covers?
Thunderchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 05:06 PM   #38
Day Dreamer
AF Newbie

Congrats on your new Roadster, Get used to your new question "What is it? I have a '98 triple Black, so I'm telling you by experence, everybody want to ask you about it. Fun to drive on those warm summer nights or cool fall days. Have fun! There is still good days, here in Tennessee when you can go for a cruise.
Day Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 06:01 PM   #39
Thunderchero
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Dreamer
Congrats on your new Roadster, Get used to your new question "What is it? I have a '98 triple Black, so I'm telling you by experence, everybody want to ask you about it. Fun to drive on those warm summer nights or cool fall days. Have fun! There is still good days, here in Tennessee when you can go for a cruise.
Went to a cruise in Friday night- got plenty of questions & pics taken. Wanted to go to the Turkey rod run in Daytona this weekend but couldn't go. What a blast to drive! Scared myself a couple of times. Are your speaker covers banged up. Seems every AIV has the same problem. I'm thinking of having a piece made of billet aluminum to cover both speakers or trying to find a cover that will fit & look good and not bend
Thunderchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 07:28 PM   #40
Day Dreamer
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderchero
Went to a cruise in Friday night- got plenty of questions & pics taken. Wanted to go to the Turkey rod run in Daytona this weekend but couldn't go. What a blast to drive! Scared myself a couple of times. Are your speaker covers banged up. Seems every AIV has the same problem. I'm thinking of having a piece made of billet aluminum to cover both speakers or trying to find a cover that will fit & look good and not bend
I have replaced my covers twice, the last time Panoz Factory replaced them with a newer model Eclipse cover that seems to be a lot better. They have the screws visible from the outside, but still look good. Once you replace them, you will be careful with your elbow and should not have any more problems.
Day Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Panoz > AIV Roadster