Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-24-2001, 07:30 PM   #31
Racer 20
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Racer 20
Cool

That's the 2001 Tuscan S.

Here is the 2000 Griffith 500

And the interior...

Racer 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2001, 03:12 PM   #32
Adam
AF Enthusiast

i'd take the Zonda interior over that tho, but those are sweet.. the only reason being that as nice as the cars look, they also look kinda weird..like the zonda's interior...

the Zonda's interior is funny-looking to.. check it:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (75.5 KB, 54 views)
Old 05-25-2001, 03:36 PM   #33
Lizard King
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Racer 20
Good God. Nobody here thinks TVRs kick ass? Sheeeeeeet. The TVR Cerbera Speed 12 would kick the Vipers ass. OK that's more in the McLaren F1 level. lol Seriously, I'm sure probably most of you (unless your die hard muscule car fans which your not) would hate the Viper after a few months. It takes SOOOOO much effort to drive. It's more of a crusing car. You think I'm full of shit but it really is. The Corvette ZO6 is more of a car than the GTS. An NSX with a supercharger and racing tires would kick it's ass in real macho roads. The Viper is nothing more than a toy for the wealthy to play with here and there. It sucks ass. It can come up with some very awesome acceleration numbers, especially with turbos, but it's handling bites. IT does have good grip but it's difficult to stear that big ass 8 liter V10 around. Don't get me worng, I don't hate the Viper, It's one of the best cars out of America (if you don't count Chevys cars). But in real life, I'd take a moded car than a stock Viper. And I'm sure a lot of you would too if you have the oppertunity to buy such a car. It so stupid the way Dodge get's power to it's engines. They are nothing but big.

Viper GTS................................ZZ2
$40-150+K.............................around $90K
8 liters....................................2-3 liters
450bhp...................................550bhp
AND the ZZ2 is only 2200 lb. lol

Again, the TVR is a much better CAR. The Viper is one hell of an exotic wanna be/muscule car thing.
Bullshit alert! :flash: :flash:

The Viper is a fantastic track car with some of the hottest numbers of any car. It can keep up with and beat cars costing many times the price. Its a proven race winner and a legend in its own lifetime. It might be difficult for the inexperienced driver - or the driver used to less torquey cars - but you try driving a Speed 12. I imagine the Speed 12 is quite undrivable with that power.

Whats a ZZ2?
Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2001, 04:11 PM   #34
Adam
AF Enthusiast

but... sorry Horacio.. this is the most beautiful
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rsx-interior.jpg (89.4 KB, 42 views)
Old 05-25-2001, 06:07 PM   #35
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
Quote:
Originally posted by Adam
but... sorry Horacio.. this is the most beautiful
I know I am going to get blasted for this, what car owns that interior?
Old 05-25-2001, 09:05 PM   #36
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
You're right, you will get blasted. Blue color, 8000 rpm tach, Acura badge,contemporay styling, hmmmm. Ah, new RSX!!! that was easy. It's not my favorite though. I just love TVR's, so amazing.

I agree, Pagani's are awesome, but they are way more than a TVR. If the Pagani wasn't so cool inside, I wouldn't give it much thought. Plus you can get it any way you want it (for $$).

And the Speed Twelve interior looks like aluminium (sp) and other lite, nice (expensive) stuff. Awesome.

A Viper is good at the track and can be faster than some cars. But a Lotus esprite sport 170 (not sure if thats the exact name) can get the same times at many tracks. And it has 170 hp compared to 450. OF course, I wouyld love for someone to give me a viper, adn everyones different, but for me, again, at the end of the day, what would I want to have a blast carving up a twisty road.
Old 05-25-2001, 09:21 PM   #37
Chris
Oldie

Here are some Speed 12 pictures:

Tuscan R

Tuscan Speed 6

Tamora

Cerbera

There are some TVR pics.
Old 05-25-2001, 09:26 PM   #38
Chris
Oldie

Oh, the ZZ2 is made by Tommy-Kaira, in Japan. It will use a 540+hp version of a Skyline engine. IT will be made in England, to avoid the gentelmens law of only 276 hp. IT will be a 220+mph supercar. I can't find any pics right now, if someone wants to post some. It will be a very interesting car. It should kick the crap out of other cars in its price-range.
Old 05-26-2001, 12:44 AM   #39
Racer 20
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Racer 20
Quote:
Originally posted by Lizard King

Bullshit alert! :flash: :flash:

The Viper is a fantastic track car with some of the hottest numbers of any car. It can keep up with and beat cars costing many times the price. Its a proven race winner and a legend in its own lifetime. It might be difficult for the inexperienced driver - or the driver used to less torquey cars - but you try driving a Speed 12. I imagine the Speed 12 is quite undrivable with that power.

Whats a ZZ2?
Yes the Viper is a fucking fantastic track car (it SHOULD be). And yes the Speed 12 is hard to drive and probably harder than the Viper GTS. BTW, what Vipers have you driven smart ass? Have you driven a GTS? Around the track? I have. And I'd much rather take a Cerbera over it. Even the Griffith 500 (which is a bad topic btw, it shouldn't be compaired to the GTS, but who cares, my topics suck more ) is a better car IMH FUCKING opinion. So I think the GTS is great but not as great as a TVR. So what. It doesn't make my post BS! Alas, I must say you do have a good point (although it's off the fucking topic ) about the Viper being a legendary car. lol Peace dude!
Racer 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2001, 02:07 AM   #40
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
The Viper has clearly proven itself in the realm of motorsport. How many class wins at Le Mans have they had? They're still slapping the C5-R Corvette in the face.

If it wasn't for Gran Turismo and GT2 on PlayStation, I'd probably still not know anything about TVR's cars. But, now I do, and they're awesome!!!

If I needed to win a race, I'd get in the Viper.

If I got to drive one home (and then to all my friends' houses to show it off), you can bet I'd be getting in the TVR.
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2001, 06:26 AM   #41
Lizard King
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Racer 20

Yes the Viper is a fucking fantastic track car (it SHOULD be). And yes the Speed 12 is hard to drive and probably harder than the Viper GTS. BTW, what Vipers have you driven smart ass? Have you driven a GTS? Around the track? I have. And I'd much rather take a Cerbera over it. Even the Griffith 500 (which is a bad topic btw, it shouldn't be compaired to the GTS, but who cares, my topics suck more ) is a better car IMH FUCKING opinion. So I think the GTS is great but not as great as a TVR. So what. It doesn't make my post BS! Alas, I must say you do have a good point (although it's off the fucking topic ) about the Viper being a legendary car. lol Peace dude!

I haven't driven a Viper, but I don't need to. I've been in many Viper discussions over at carforums, and all the info that has accumulated there tells me what I need to know.

I like TVRs, they're great cars, but don't start saying Vipers are toys for the wealthy and claim that they "suck ass".

You say its handling bites. Thats nonsense. That "big ass" 8 liter V10 isn't actually very big or heavy, and is set back far enough to give the car perfect weight distribution.

Comparing the Viper to a little tuner car like the ZZ2 is ludicrous.

Oh, and I just watched GT racing and a Viper beat the Speed 12.
Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2001, 04:36 PM   #42
Chris
Oldie

GT racing doesn't matter a whole bunch. THe cars are heavily modified, they bear little resemblance to the real cars.
Old 05-28-2001, 07:03 AM   #43
Porsche
Pretty much amazing

Send a message via MSN to Porsche

Thanks for the Speed 12 pics! Is the Speed 12 just a modified Cerbera Speed 8? BTW, as it goes for GT racing, I'd get in a 911 GT3RS and kick both your asses!

ec437 on grammar;
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec437
I'd've
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokebloke
Any car built by "Dr. Technology" is probably not worth $5000
Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 09:08 AM   #44
Chris
Oldie

I'm pretty sure its based on the Cerbera. If its modded, it brings a whole new meaning to the word (but seriously, they make very few, it would probably be to expensive to make a completely new car, so they just played alot with an existing, and awesoem, basis)
Old 05-28-2001, 03:21 PM   #45
Adam
AF Enthusiast

actually, that interior was of an Acura RSX CONCEPT

the actual RSX has toned down seats and pedals, which can easily be changed tho

I know it is not at all luxurious or expensive, but the great tones and aluminum makes it marvelous to look at

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons