Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 07:19 PM   #16
Volken
AF Regular

Re: short bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauleskyrocket
Listen fella---that is from a Slovenian hymn you fool. I still think your French. I would love to be your neighbor. Wow. Who would believe finding you on a car board. I am sure Prius would love you as a spokes(person).

My goodness,

Ignorance combination with complete lack of manners.

I happen to be decently fluent with Slovenian language and I can only laugh how ridiculous is what you are saying.

But I shall not inhale one single word, no more, let this shame,undefended nonsense you wrote stays and reminds others of your educational apprehension.

Words from Slovenian national anthem?

Hahahahahahahaha,

God have mercy on your mind.

I can't wait until someone from Slovenia or fluent with language visit this forum and reads you "insights" on their language.

Well, your mail box wont be empty, that is for sure.

By the way,if you ever wish to read and hear what Slovenian anthem really is :

http://www.thenationalanthems.com/country/slovenia.htm

Honestly, thank you for your participation in this forum, you made me laugh like I havent laugh from a long time, I can't wait to show this to my friends.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:36 PM   #17
mauleskyrocket
AF Enthusiast

Can you read

I said hymn not anthem. If you are a Windish expert then translate "coxe te qoi". Certianly that is easy. Why don't we stop fighting. The U. S. is for peace. Do you see that I could be unhappy with Prius cars but not dislike you? Where are you from? maybe that is part of our misunderstanding. I am from the southern U.S. I mostly fly airplanes. Fast kinds. What do you do my friend? My new buddy Volken.
mauleskyrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 07:52 PM   #18
mauleskyrocket
AF Enthusiast

Talledega

I will even take you to Talledega. I know it is 2 mpg but you would enjoy it. Mauleskyrocket is now the friend of Volken. My buddy. Talledega. You can meet Rusty Wallace. You can sing the U.S. National Anthem. You will see some of our troops with the flag. Our President even shows up sometimes. Trust me good old Volken--you are really a good old boy.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:53 PM   #19
Volken
AF Regular

Re: Can you read

Quote:
I said hymn not anthem. If you are a Windish expert then translate "coxe te qoi". Certianly that is easy. Why don't we stop fighting. The U. S. is for peace. Do you see that I could be unhappy with Prius cars but not dislike you? Where are you from? maybe that is part of our misunderstanding. I am from the southern U.S. I mostly fly airplanes. Fast kinds. What do you do my friend? My new buddy Volken.

Well it can be kindergarten duck lullaby, but still nothing to do with Slovenia.

Hahahahaha,

Peace.
Old 05-14-2004, 08:06 PM   #20
Volken
AF Regular

Re: Talledega

Quote:
I will even take you to Talledega. I know it is 2 mpg but you would enjoy it. Mauleskyrocket is now the friend of Volken. My buddy. Talledega. You can meet Rusty Wallace. You can sing the U.S. National Anthem. You will see some of our troops with the flag. Our President even shows up sometimes. Trust me good old Volken--you are really a good old boy.

Much obliged mauleskyrocket,

San Francisco and New England,...my nr.1 spot in states, but will
do, yes sir, Fly me to the moon when I visit you soon

Night.
Old 05-14-2004, 08:09 PM   #21
mauleskyrocket
AF Enthusiast

Re: Talledega

Talledega baby. Come on loosen up. The wall is down. Very nice ladies at Talledega! I think they will like you. I will introduce you! I am your new friend. There is a nightspot we can go to with the ladies nearby. Ok? My buddy. Cool Volken.
Old 05-16-2004, 01:22 PM   #22
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

mauleskyrocket don't seem to be very open minded...

oh ! I'm French (aïe, I'll take some things in my face ! )

Citroën C6 - Alfa Romeo 159
Stefanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 05:24 PM   #23
Volken
AF Regular

Re: Prius--my view

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanel1
mauleskyrocket don't seem to be very open minded...

oh ! I'm French (aïe, I'll take some things in my face ! )

Enfin mon ami Stefanel
Tous amis.

All friends now ;-)
Old 05-21-2004, 01:27 AM   #24
Lil Lucas
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Lil Lucas

Quote:
I hope I do not anger because it is not my purpose. Here are facts re my car:
1) The mileage figures are nonsense. If you use the air (90F) and if you do not become a road hazard---you get about 38 mpg.
2) You only get the advertised mileage if you use no air --stay under 60--and accelerate so slowly that the CVT hits its highpoint very early and you are a road hazard.
3) With an 11 gallon tank--aside from fuel cost--your range is not as good as a Lexus with a big tank and a 22mpg cruise.
4) A VW TDI is definitely better if you want good mileage with normal driving.
5) The fuel consumption readout drives one crazy.
6) People with Kerry stickers think you are like them.
Well I own one---but!
Not all Prius have the same mpg as you. Just go check http://john1701a.com/ and compare your gas economy with his. Also there is www.greenhybrid.com <--where people who drive prius DO use the air conditioning and still achieve over 50 mpg. And you are right, the mileage figures are nonsense because they are outdates. However, people are still achieving over 50 mpg and anything around 40 is still REALLY GOOD gas economy! Your range might be limited not because of an 11 tank capacity, but because of the bladder in the tank that causes confusion. Also, isn't the TDI slower than the Prius? I think I read that somewhere. The fuel consumption readout doesn't seem that confusing either. It's a simple graph showing 2 figures: Amount of energy used, and amount of energy that was regenerated. That's all, and it's not that hard to decipher.

haha and for the kerry thing.. i dont know. maybe its because we environmentalists don't like the whole drilling in alaska for oil deal.

Have you tried comparing your Prius' conditions with other Prius?
such as temperature, TIRE PRESSURE (which should be above 40 to get better mpg), ENGINE OIL (which should ONLY be 4 L or else you will lose mpg there), etc.?

If you could list all those statistics, it would help determine why you are losing performance and mpg. 38 mpg does not seem normal AT ALL compared to most everyone else's figures. Someone who was driving under your condition #2, where he was under 60 mph most of the time... achieved over 70 mpg for his tanks.
Lil Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 07:12 AM   #25
mauleskyrocket
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Prius--my view

I also owned the Insight and found it similar. The fundamental difference is that the TDI underestimates its mpg sticker under NORMAL driving (meaning not worrying re an eggshell accelerator) while the Insight/Prius way overestimate the mpg UNLESS one drives so oriented to mileage that, at least for me driving is no longer enjoyable. I site a reference earlier which is undeniable. The rating systems for mpg are simply not accurate for these hybrid cars.
As far as the environmental thing---that is tongue in cheek PARTLY. I think all that effort would be far better oriented by both parties toward using tax abatements to encourage better mpg from all cars. The fact is the Europeans are smarter on these issues. The same car that in the U.S. has a 3.5 liter engine can be bougth in Europe with a 2 liter engine and far better economy. That is the frame of mind we have to get into. I think Volken would also agree with this.
Old 05-21-2004, 05:01 PM   #26
Lil Lucas
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Lil Lucas

I found in my experience with my own car that when i try to drive in order to save gas i just end up losing more gas :-\
Lil Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 08:03 PM   #27
Volken
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: Prius--my view

Quote:
That is the frame of mind we have to get into. I think Volken would also agree with this.

Let me extend this in simple observation before I comment state in Europe.

There is an old sage proverb since ancient times of philosophy : Government you have is government you deserve.

This is the essence to understand evolutionary merits

of certain society development in relation to the world they live and responsibility for the same.

Just for the moment consider that we are UFO visiting the earth and would like to see how advanced is this Earth civilization. First we observe were is the peak of the power and reflection of all associated elements of this power and how wise is the same employed. Does it benefit humanity or shaping uncertain environment for future generations?

We look at US, we do not look at nation, we do not look at fates,we do not look at colors for this is all nonsense to value something of more essence.

US is reflection not of Americans but entire world, it shows how does a country behaves when in possession of absolute power. Results are very sad indeed.

You all see present news and you will see more in near future considering shameful actions in relation to environment. There is no national program to lead to more reasonable behave with energy resources, to use less meat, Only half of the US meat import from poorest countries could feed rest of the third world.

They say there is no food. There was always enough food for entire humanity, it is lack of honest distribution that is always lacking.

You will tomorrow eat your hamburger (I hope not for you health) and you will probably watch TV, you will accidentally switch to same coverage of hunger dying people in Africa, thinking why are they so unfortunate not knowing, that it is you who have taken their bite
with your deadly meal. There are plantations with soldiers in Africa, protected only for cows, the same travel to you, for your meal!

Take India, 3hd exporter of rice in the world and they have their own shortage to feed too many people.Food chains and pharmaceutical ones are destroying tons of food and medications just for economical reasons,better position.

So we as UFO we ask ourselves how is this possible that poorest countries are feeding those who are wealthy? Simple, politic and power,and absolute power.

There is also another sage proverb that is reflecting state in US that many US folks understand every day more and more : ABSOLUTE POWER IS ABSOLUTE CORRUPTION.

Those of you US folks who are reading this and think, look how he is criticizing our country,you couldn't be more wrong. It is not US that I criticize it is world as we know that I criticize.

US is just reflection how people behave when there is evolutionary gap between technology and spirituality. US spends largest astronomical amounts for military when have their own social problems and issues (like any other country) in the world that has only one superpower.

Take a pilot, take a single plane. If pilot doesn't fly over a certain period of time, he must pass all verifications again.

If airplane doesn't fly for exact period of time, same airplane is not allowed for safety to do so until all necessary safety and service routines are checked and verified. Another proverb : Most expensive airplane is one that is not flying. Try to observe this from higher scene, from military one.

Every year, more hundreds of billions of $,..more airplanes, tanks and so on.

How can they afford this if they never employ situation to use this , this is the essence of "modern" wars :
Invent one !

My point : This is not America, this is present evolutionary reflection of humankind.

Give any county no matter how small the same power and funds, give them just a little bit of time and they will behave just the same.

It is the power , absolute power that makes all the difference in responsibility, in today's world.

Absolute power today means (politics,diplomacy,environment) ZERO
responsibility today.

From this perspective, choosing the political candidate in the system that generates private interests of small group of people is nothing but charade. Choosing your candidate is nothing but venture shaping your state of mind, that you can actually choose, when in reality, everything is already chosen for you.

From this vista of present reality, as long as the people have narrow perspective and knowledge of the most delicate and important issues of life, culture, environment and politics, they will create such leaders,
leaders you see today. Sad echoes of evolution.

So when you understand this, then you know environment has no party because it a common essence that surround interest of all people equally.

As for Kerry, he is already chosen to be next man to lead (where?) your country.

He is from what I hear Monsanto player. (Multinational company, nr.1 enemy of the environment)

Same company that is funding present junior

I even hear from US friend who coincidentally is private detective, Kerry and Bush are distant relatives.

So environment is only political phrase, a magnet if you will for those that really care for the same.

As for relation to Europe's state of energy?

What worries me is aggressive campaigns to sell more diesel (politics) in Europe as it is.

Both Alfa Romeo (JTS), VW (FSI) and Audi (FSI) already proven with new Benz engines it is possible to make equally saving engines like diesel, but with generation cleaner and environment friendlier ones.

But this is not commercialized, only those who understand this will buy this engine.

Rest of them will watch and be attracted with aggressive Diesel commercials, all because group of people decided to make more money. So same sad story. After all, why would anyone need to know exact facts about environment when their governments should make that for them, right?

Well, in our present world sadly, governments are just a different name for companies.

So I say, lets be all happy Toyota made this Prius, drive it be informative to potential future customers.

Other brands will have to make theirs as well.

Even the greatest changes come from a small paths, small or big steps, they all count.

Consider this and be happy while you drive your freshly washed Prius on the sunny road curving into green bliss, and life is a pure undistorted joy.

Last edited by Volken; 05-22-2004 at 01:03 AM.
Volken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 05:58 PM   #28
mauleskyrocket
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Prius--my view

Volken baby, I didn't know your a deep stream. Can you at least tell us what country you live in so that we have some context? You said it is not France and I sure hope not Canada. Anyway this is your friend Mauleskyrocket.
Old 05-22-2004, 07:57 PM   #29
Volken
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Prius--my view

Quote:
Volken baby, I didn't know your a deep stream. Can you at least tell us what country you live in so that we have some context? You said it is not France and I sure hope not Canada. Anyway this is your friend Mauleskyrocket.
Spam away from me such details I send to PM to thy

You intrigued me when you said you previously owned Insight.

I always considered this design very chic and very stylish in decent modern way.

Only reason that kept me away was battery management (not advanced as with Prius) and being a two seater. Very sexy two seater indeed, but I declined.

What made you decide to sell yours?

Another thing that I love with Insight (yes I know to most of you folks this is irrelevant) is manual gear !

Yes I will do things for cleaner globe, but I don't have to pretend I would like to have manual gear inside Prius.

I always feel with automatic as if my hands are tied.

This manual habit is so strong that even on Alfa Romeo selespeed and Audi models, they change gears directly via buttons on wheel, this be all fine, it offers attractive dynamic and very communicative drive.

Still, on any given day, rain or shine manual gear will do for me just fine.
Old 05-22-2004, 11:50 PM   #30
mauleskyrocket
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Prius--my view

Volken. You avoid where you are from.
Re the Insight, it had a very hard ride and the shifting had to be very rapid to a high gear to get good mileage. I live in a hilly are and this resulted in me frequently being a brick in the road. If I drove normally the mpg was not as good as a TDI. If I ran the AC the mpg dropped drastically The tires and suspension were very hard riding.
Now pari pasu with this I owned TDI's. They could be driven normally with air and gave better mpg. I became very unhappy with the attitude of VWNA re their cars and it has become bad enough that I have sold them.
I believe a low sulphur diesel is the answer--with a small engine.The Hybrids must be put in prospective re their true mileage and their really boring driving requirements to obtain good mileage.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General