Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corsica
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 04:56 PM   #1
DaleReynolds24
AF Newbie

1996 Corsica 2.2L Oil Light Comes On at Idle

I have a 1996 Chevrolet Corsica with the 2.2L motor. I notice that after it runs for a bit, every time I come to a stop light or whenever it idles, my oil light comes on (my oil change light, NOT the low oil level light). But right when I get on the gas, the light goes off. I have changed the oil and filter and I don't know what would cause it to come on at idle but turn off when going.

Anyone have the same issue, and maybe anyone know what the problem is? I think it's either the oil pump, or maybe the oil sending unit, but I want to be sure. And if it's any one of those things, where is it located?
DaleReynolds24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 10:27 AM   #2
oldman59
AF Newbie

Re: 1996 Corsica 2.2L Oil Light Comes On at Idle

How many miles is on the car? If it is high mileage then your engine bearings may be getting worn causing a lower oil pressure at idle. Oil lights are good but go off at a very low pressure usally. Try having mechanic install temporary pressure gauge in oil sending unit hole to check pressure for sure. could be faulty oil sending unit (sensor). Mine does same thing. Good mechanic will steer you to solving problem. Hope this helps. unit is on back side of motor.
oldman59 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corsica