Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corsica
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 07:08 PM   #1
tennykimble
AF Newbie

Talking corsica really???

holy shit !! i cant believe people are still driving these cars!!! they stopped making them in 95! i wouldent buy a corsica if it came with a trunk full of money! every one i see runs like CRAP, has one donut tire, rusted out wheel weels, 4 different color doors and a plastic wrap window! im all about getting the money out of ever car i own, but damn! lets get a car from this CENTURY! ha ha every time i see a corsica i laugh out loud, cuz i know its on it way home to the trailer park! ha ha
tennykimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:53 PM   #2
J-Ri
AF Enthusiast

Re: corsica really???

Please read the user guidelines, this post violated several of the rules.

There's nothing wrong with Corsicas, if they've been maintained they're nice cars. Not everyone can be a rich jerk like you, so many of us have to drive used cars. You may need to read up on them, as they stopped production in 1996, not 1995 as you stated. They're also very well built, and as you stated, hold up despite complete neglect. I had a 2 door Corsica (Beretta) for years, it was one of the most reliable and cleanest cars I've ever had. I'd buy one again in a second, and actually plan on buying a rust free one from down south for a turbocharger-project car.

Can I be a moderator so I can ban A-holes like this? Please?
Poly engine/trans/control arm bushings
Self built and self programmed progressive methanol injection system
J-Ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:09 PM   #3
tennykimble
AF Newbie

yeah your right... i should have dumped a shit load of money and 2 years of labor into a corsica instead of my truck!!! HA HA HA HA
Old 10-23-2009, 03:25 PM   #4
J-Ri
AF Enthusiast

Nobody said that... what kind of idiot are you?
Poly engine/trans/control arm bushings
Self built and self programmed progressive methanol injection system
J-Ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:35 PM   #5
Teddie
AF Newbie

Pity this is still not deleted. Sometimes you drive older cars out of necessity, sometimes it is a choice, and it can even be a mixture of the two. I find it to be a good idea to get as much out of a car as possible instead of prematurely tossing it and you can make it into a game by betting what is going to break next or when the whole car is going to crap out. Here is a good bit of advice I learned at a young age. Some things may be true, but just because there may be some truth does not mean you should go around raising a big stink, hurting people's feelings, and making yourself look like an insensitive prick.

The newest car I drive on a regular basis is a 95 Voyager. I am well aware the driver demographics have shifted since Bill Clinton's 1st term, but I will keep this van as long as possible. If it was not for grandma (may she rest in peace) helping mom buy the van she would have been driving an unsafe Dart for several more years. The van has been to hell and back, I spent my own money into fixing the rust, it is easy to work on, parts are easy to find not too expensive, and the cargo capacity is great. There are virtually no options on the van which I quite like, the Poppy Red paint ads color to the parking lot, and I am (too strongly?) emotionally attached to ever give it up.

An older car can also be fun to drive; take the 87 Caprice Estate I had for two years. Stuck out like a sore thumb which I enjoyed, floated down the road, ticked off hybrid drivers, and was practically a huge U.S. of A flag on wheels. $510 off the dealer lot and like the van hardly any options, but I loved the bench seats and engine noise. I did not break down that often, but when I did there was always at least half a dozen people to try to help and ward of the critical hybrids drivers. Could not have both so I sold it to be demolition derbied. I teared up when fellow Caprices were Cash for Clunkered, the junkyard was just going to crush it, and I wanted the Chevy to have one last bout of fun.

It is nice to see Corsicas bombing around whether they have an awesome patina look showroom fresh or are somewhere in the middle. If you Donk a Corsica though that is a whole nother area. Along with other older cars on the roads a Corsica has more personality than these newer cars you see at dealers.
Teddie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Teddie For This Useful Post:
racerxpl (06-04-2011)
Old 03-11-2010, 02:18 PM   #6
DaleReynolds24
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennykimble View Post
holy shit !! i cant believe people are still driving these cars!!! they stopped making them in 95! i wouldent buy a corsica if it came with a trunk full of money! every one i see runs like CRAP, has one donut tire, rusted out wheel weels, 4 different color doors and a plastic wrap window! im all about getting the money out of ever car i own, but damn! lets get a car from this CENTURY! ha ha every time i see a corsica i laugh out loud, cuz i know its on it way home to the trailer park! ha ha
Hey buddy. Your looking at the proud owner of a 1996 Chevrolet Corsica. Family owned since 1998 at around 20,000 miles. Shes got the V6, so yes while the lower intake gasket failure is bound to happen, it has balls.

She now has 130,000 miles and still runs amazingly fine. And its called maitenence. Any car that has regular maitenence done, it will last forever. Other than some small paint chips from being a New England car, its amazing.

The Corsica has more personality than any "21st century" car I have seen.
DaleReynolds24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:22 PM   #7
jsgold
AF Enthusiast

This person actually owned a Lumina, at least he was asking for opinions on how to repair one....not much difference so not sure what the problem was....our old 91 had close to 250,000 before the tranny went, still ran well. not sure what the current owner is going to do with it, regardless it served us well for many years!
Old 05-06-2010, 04:55 PM   #8
Weigel21
AF Newbie

I own two 94' Corsicas and I'm proud to have them. Both of them have a 3.1 V6 and the the one I'm currently driving has nearly 195,000 miles on it and while it was heavily abused it still gets me from point A to point B. No, it's not all rusted out and have different colored body panels, nor do I live in a trailer park. The car does have the front right fender bashed in from the previous owner and the driver door and front right fender are messed up from my behalf. The ABS is out and A/C doesn't work, but the car still has balls and can shit it and get it. The other I picked up cheap as it was in a low speed collision and has the front right headlight assembly smashed in nearly 3.5", but the car was well cared for by the original elderly couple and it only has 76,000 miles on it. After investing around $500 to repair it I'll still have less than a grand invested in the car and I've found these little corsicas are more reliable little cars than a lot of the newer cars on the road. Hell, mine has been to hell and back and off road more than a lot of trucks. Oh, and as others have mentioned, it has more personality than most newer cars. I'd gladly take a well maintained Corsica over any brand new car of the same class (ie. Cobalt, Focus, Grand Am, Civic, etc...)
Weigel21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:48 AM   #9
LTZ89
AF Newbie

I have a 1989 Corsica LTZ with no rust anywhere and surprisingly it is a Connecticut car, it has 125,000 and still runs and handles great.
granted it is primer paint right now but still has good body.
I put in a K&N air filter, Hypertech 160 degree thermostat, fan switch and chip, also run Castrol Edge synthetic oil. it is not race car class per say but can move pretty fast and corner well with it's 205R 60 15 tires
i just put in brand new cooling system including new heads and new AC system. you can make fun of them all you want, i wouldn't trade or sell it for anything
LTZ89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:09 AM   #10
ksitalian69
AF Newbie

Talking Re: corsica really???

This gut must have a ford truck hes dumpin money into!!!! lmao! i own a chevy truck and a corsica that are both more dependable vehicals than your junk!!! quit hatin on us and worrry about your junk!!!!!!!!!!! A TRU CHEVY MAN HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ksitalian69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:05 PM   #11
LTZ89
AF Newbie

i was offered my GF's 2002 taurus SE for free when she buys her new car and i chose to decline and keep my corsica since it is a far better car
125K on the clock and i know that every time i turn the key it will start
it is very well maintained and can outrun any ford or chrysler
you see tons of corsicas on the road, how many old fords and chryslers you see still running?
LTZ89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:25 PM   #12
automan9482
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to automan9482

I've never been a big fan of GM, but the L-body has to be one of the better GM products ever. So many people have owned or do own these cars, and more often than not you hear how they love the car, and what a great car it is/was. They have a reputation overall for being great cars, and there are still 1,000,000 of them on the road. That should tell you several things.
Every vehicle has built-in obsolescence, built-in depreciation, and components that will and do fail. The newest Corsica today is 17 years old. If it's ratted out it's because it's very used, not because it is a bad car, or even necessarily because it had a bad owner.
EVERYONE drives a used car, and don't forget it. Even the guy that just bought a new one today is now driving a "used" car; as soon as he took title and drove it off the lot, it was no longer "new." It's simple economics. Dumping time and money into a Truck is no different than dumping money into a Corsica. It doesn't increase its value beyond "Book," but it may extend its useful life and provide cheap transportation for the many people who aren't too proud to own and drive a "used" car. Good for them. The starter of this thread is clearly out of touch with reality.
automan9482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:00 AM   #13
tennykimble
AF Newbie

wow u hillbillys are still bitching about this thread almost 4 years later! ha ha! the L body cars are the WORST! horrible frame pockets in the front sub frame to hold salt and debris to rot the sub frame out. half-ass eletronic emissions - what a HEADACHE! p.s. i know cuz my old lady had one. sent it to the junk yard because the sub frame rotted out, it rottted apart and the sub frame seperated from the car body and disconnected the steering shaft, and she lost control of the car. i picked it up from the parking lot with the flatbed and took it straight to the scrap yard. so if you want to waste your time on this junk ... well go ahead! i ve had my share of use cars 03 buick regal, 98 lumina, 97 chevy 2500, 98 montecarlo, 03 buick regal, 06 equinox. the newer the year, the better the car. aluminum frame _ NO ROT_ better gas mileage. better tech. so send those sh!tty corsicas to the ghetto where they belong!
Old 03-16-2013, 08:03 AM   #14
tennykimble
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by automan9482 View Post
Even the guy that just bought a new one today is now driving a "used" car; as soon as he took title and drove it off the lot, it was no longer "new."
WOW REALLY?! you should tell somebody about this! you must be a genious to figure that out!
Old 03-16-2013, 04:26 PM   #15
automan9482
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to automan9482

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennykimble View Post
WOW REALLY?! you should tell somebody about this! you must be a genious to figure that out!
Genius isn't spelled "genious"...genius.
automan9482 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corsica