Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Street Post topics for any "Works In Progress" street vehicles projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 10:58 PM   #1
Whirlwind1
AF Newbie

Nissan GT-R Spec V

hey guys, this is my first post to AF. I'm 18 and am currently working on a conversion project of turning the Tamiya Nissan GT-R into the SpecV variant. This is also my first car kit, and I've seen some insanely good models here, so I wish this one will turn out half as good.

I guess you can say I work backwards with car kits. I tend to build planes and work from the inside out. So I decided to tackle the body first to get that out of the way. Then to work on the conversion, which only requires different seats, wheels and probably scratchbuilt rear diffusers.

The photos I've attached show the first 2 mist coats of my custom mix of the Midnight Opal. I know it doesn't look the part just yet, but it will after the wet coats and polishing :)

Hope you like it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8496.jpg (100.7 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8497.jpg (100.8 KB, 50 views)
Whirlwind1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:37 AM   #2
countach79
AF Enthusiast

Re: Nissan GT-R Spec V

welcome aboard!!

your off to a good start! the colour looks really nice and i can't wait to see it polished out!

there's a few of us aussies on here, and a few from brissie and myself on the gold coast

can't wait to see more of this

cheers
Jason
Old 10-17-2010, 06:32 PM   #3
da_ashman
AF Enthusiast

Re: Nissan GT-R Spec V

Welcome, There arnt that many differences between the Spec V & standard GTR. Aoshima & Fujimi both do very good versions of the Spec V. Main difference is Carbon Fibre, wheels , Front & Back Seats & exhaust tips.
Cant wait to see what your colour looks like, I have a bottle of Zero paints Midnight Purple III for the Spec V, its a beautiful deep purple but does lack the Gold pearl.
Cant wait to see more!!

It's Not wheather you Win or Lose, its how you look while you play the Game
da_ashman is offline   Reply With Quote