Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Endeavor
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 10:50 AM   #1
EDEVINE
AF Newbie

Body Paint

Ok, so. I have a 2004 Endeavor and the body paint slowly started to fade. There were two small spots that we fading to white on the hood and over the next week or so the entire hood had faded. The vehicle was washed and waxed regularly and now, over time the paint on the roof, the hood, and now even the side trim by the windows are faded/fading. I took the car back to the dealership and they could not do anything for me. When I took it to Mitsubishi they said that I would have to take it back to the purchasing dealership because it must have been something they had done to it. It looks as though there was a bad paint job done at some point in time. Anyway, my neighbor who is the finance manager where I purchased the car advised that his daughter has a Mitsubishi and they sent her a letter two years ago advising that if there were any paint problems to let them know so they could take care of it. Has anyone else had similar issues with the paint?

- Erin
EDEVINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 07:57 PM   #2
dennyge
AF Newbie

Re: Body Paint

We have had our Endeavor now for about two years and it is as sharp as the day we bought it. It is an 05 LS in a metallic blue color. I checked with my neighbor who also drives one, and his also looks good.

Good luck!
dennyge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:49 AM   #3
scmedia
AF Newbie

My son in Florida has a black 2004 Endeavor that the paint was wearing off too. He has been able to take it back to the dealership for some rep to look at it to determine what they can do. They have repainted it twice for him but only in the affected areas each time. The first time it was the hood and top and then a rear fender. At least they did something. He took really good care of his too. This was an old post but the work was done in the last 2 months.
scmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:17 AM   #4
flboricua
AF Newbie

I have a blue '04 but have seen many of the black and burgandy endeavor's with the faded paint. I think it is a manufacturer defect and I would fight Mitsubishi to at least cover half of the repaint. I have seen these two colors faded in Texas, Florida, and Puerto Rico and it's only the black and red (burgandy) colors. I have not seen the white, blue, or gray endeavor's with this problem.
flboricua is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Endeavor