Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Outlander
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 01:36 PM   #1
nugundam93
Blarg! Wort Wort Wort!

any other outlander owners here?

any other outlander owners here?

i used to think that the outlander was so-so but after a trackday last saturday...i'm impressed. ours is a 2.4L non-mivec AWD model and it did acquit itself pretty well during spirited lapping at a local racetrack.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:46 AM   #2
lsj102856
AF Newbie

2003 outlander

I have an outlander and for the past 2 weeks it's acting like it's not getting gas, it will hesitate and miss and die when you let off the gas. Just had a tune up last week and put on a diagnostic machine and was told it didn't give any bad codes, had it towed last night for the same thing only this time the service engine light is on. Anybody have any ideas on the problem.
lsj102856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 03:05 PM   #3
nugundam93
Blarg! Wort Wort Wort!

Re: any other outlander owners here?

hmmmm. bad maf sensor?
Old 07-28-2006, 08:03 PM   #4
Thurbs
AF Newbie

Ya, Outlander owner here.
2003 XLS..
I just picked one up last weekend and I am looking for a good forum to talk about the good and the bad.
I hope this is a good one.
Thurbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 11:45 AM   #5
nugundam93
Blarg! Wort Wort Wort!

welcome aboard thurbs. how's your mileage so far?

i hate it when there isn't too much in terms of suspension upgrades for the outlander.

fortunately, Tein has one...the basic wagon damper which is a height adjustable coilover kit. dunno how much it costs though, but that's what the Tein Japan guys said anyway.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:00 PM   #6
Thurbs
AF Newbie

I don't know if I am going to do any mods on this other than probably a stereo upgrade.

I live in So. Utah so there are many places to off-road. I know the Outlander isn't much of an off-road vehicle, but it is nice to finally be able to go into the hills without worry about damaging the undercarriage of your vehicle. Took it into the hills last night to see how she did on rocks, dirt and gravel. I was impressed by the torque she gave me going up a steep dirt/rock incline.

I have been getting about 20 MPH, pretty sucky for a 4 banger. It is the AWD that is killing me.

Question for you...
On the little plate where you have PRND +/- is the alluminium plate with the letters supposed to illuminate? Every other automatic I have driven usually lights up the gears your in.
Thurbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:13 AM   #7
lsj102856
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurbs
I don't know if I am going to do any mods on this other than probably a stereo upgrade.

I live in So. Utah so there are many places to off-road. I know the Outlander isn't much of an off-road vehicle, but it is nice to finally be able to go into the hills without worry about damaging the undercarriage of your vehicle. Took it into the hills last night to see how she did on rocks, dirt and gravel. I was impressed by the torque she gave me going up a steep dirt/rock incline.

I have been getting about 20 MPH, pretty sucky for a 4 banger. It is the AWD that is killing me.

Question for you...
On the little plate where you have PRND +/- is the alluminium plate with the letters supposed to illuminate? Every other automatic I have driven usually lights up the gears your in.
Mine doesn't light up on the plate only where it shows the gears in the speedometer gage
Old 07-31-2006, 03:07 PM   #8
nugundam93
Blarg! Wort Wort Wort!

thurbs: i know what you mean, almost all a/t cars do have the PRND illuminated. for some reason, mitsubishi decided to omit that on the 1st gen outlander.

the one on the speedo's the only one that indicates the gear you're in.

the ride height's a plus actually for me. i don't need to worry too much about typical floods and potholes here on philippine roads, and it still has a decent center of gravity to let me make use of awd on curvy roads.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:29 PM   #9
packrtz
AF Newbie

Question Re: any other outlander owners here?

Hi
I have a 2003 Outlander. Runs great - no problems BUT--I have a small spot on the right rear door that is actually rusting thru. I sanded and primed it but to no avail. It seems to be something during the mfg process. No other rust anywhere. Ever hear of this? I'm wondering if there was anykind of known problem or fix offered.
packrtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 05:58 PM   #10
nugundam93
Blarg! Wort Wort Wort!

packrtz, have you tried filing for a warranty claim? sounds like one to me. i haven't run across any outlander owner here who's had that situation before...
Old 11-06-2006, 10:06 PM   #11
Lukido
AF Newbie

Yo! Just bought a 2007 Outlander G-Type (In Japan) fully loaded with lots of extras. I'm very pleased.

L
Lukido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:34 AM   #12
nugundam93
Blarg! Wort Wort Wort!

congrats lukido!

i've been lusting after the 2nd gen outlander as well ever since i saw it featured in a Motor Fan magazine. too bad mitsubishi philippines doesn't seem too keen on bringing one in, was planning on trading our 1st gen when the time came.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:52 AM   #13
GRSteffes
AF Newbie

I am new at this so bare with me. I have a 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander with the multi-communication system in it. It has the nav/cd/dvd/rad my question is does anyone know the process to allow the dvd to play while driving. I have been told that there are two ways to do it push in some secruity code? or by cutting one of the wires ? I would rather not cut any wires but I would like to have this in use for rear screens for the kids. please reply
GRSteffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:02 AM   #14
lsj102856
AF Newbie

I have no idea, I just have the radio/cd player
Old 11-01-2007, 08:49 AM   #15
smily157
AF Newbie

I have a 2007 Outlander XLS and I love it, it is a great automobile. In regards to playing a DVD while driving, the car uses the GPS signal to track your speed, so if you are going over 5mph, you can't view a picture, you can just hear sound. The only way I have heard is to disable the GPS signal so that the car can't tell how fast you are going, but what is the point of having the MMCS without gps navi? It is just not worth it to try. But I know that the Japanese Outlanders have an optional TV tuner in the unit so you can watch live TV while driving, since it is apparently not illegal in Japan, so the capability must be there, but until someone figures it out, I guess we are all stuck :-(
smily157 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Outlander