Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > JDM Motor & Parts info/chat
JDM Motor & Parts info/chat Discussions on Mugen, Spoon etc. Plus, info on motor swaps (b18 's, b16's h22's etc) and other JDM info!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 05:13 AM   #46
jcrx
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jcrx
I am talking about the identification of B16's in general being not as easy as just looking at it and being able to go "oh it's this model or that model".The only way is to know the origin and using the numbers on it to get a agood idea.Like I said the ways most people use to identifiy them are faulty as a valve cover or in take manifold are really easy to change and the fact that different countries used different numbering systems,JDM having no number at the end of the code(except the B16A1 in the early teg Xsi/Rsi ,EDM using numbers that they didn't produce in Japan or the states b18c3,4,7 and austrailia putting lower trim motors in signature series such as the VTi with a sohc.I'm not arguing that his is this or that,I'm saying that it can be difficult to tell from a picture.
jcrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 07:49 AM   #47
B16EJ1
AF Fanatic

All that I'm saying is that youv'e posted some unsure and wrong statements.

quote:

If that is the original valve cover,I think it is US.I think one of the differences is the US say "honda motor company" and the JDM don't.Mine doesn't say it and it is EDM.But at the intake manifold doesn't say what is it,PGM-FI (is that still written on the B16A) so who knows as long as it is a good motor it makes no difference.

1. The 1st gen B16A valve cover does say" Honda motor co. "
2. The 1st gen intake manifold is stamped PGM-FI

quote:

I found that some engine's are hard to identify but other than the serial # it sounds like a delsol motor.I think the motors after 95 in the states had the grey connectors also,but according to what I have read the number is off block from an older integra.The valve cover can be changed and the block coould be cleaned.If you can write down the number and take it to honda and see if they have the resources to track it down.Or go to one of the honda forums,hondaswap I think has a list of what the numbers mean in their reference section, so you can do it yer self.

1. The # off the block can't be from an older Integra considering the engine code would be B16A1 instead of B16A.
2. I assume you mean USDM Del Sol motor being as the JDM one would just be refered to as a 2nd gen B16A. If so The engine code would be B16A3.

Please be more clear on what you are trying to say because you are even confusing me on a simple topic such as this
B16EJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 08:11 AM   #48
jcrx
AF Enthusiast

B16EJ1:1. The # off the block can't be from an older Integra considering the engine code would be B16A1 instead of B16A.
2. I assume you mean USDM Del Sol motor being as the JDM one would just be refered to as a 2nd gen B16A. If so The engine code would be B16A3.

Don't assume,no I mean 92-95 B16A2 EDM or B16A siRII JDM.I am aware of the engine code in a delsol vtec.I am talking about the B16A's found in EDM,JDM,etc,civics and CRX's from 92-95.
This brings me to that fact that just because a serial number starts with a 1 doesn't mean it is from a early teg.Mine,as I said before is from a 93 VTi and has a 1,000,000# on it.The point I am making is that it is really hard to tell exactly what car a engine came out of,because there is a lot of underhandedness going on today considering the price difference between a A1 and A2 or siR and siRII ($800-$1000 very worth switching a few things around to make),for those that think the motor was only released in Japan and that no other country has them,or produced different versions.

None of the things I have said are wrong,it depends on where you are and where the motor came from.I've seen people trying to pass off older motors by switch a few things around and those people make it harder for those that need motors from a certian year due to obd,fitment,whatever.
jcrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 12:07 PM   #49
Mean_B16
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Mean_B16
Question PH forum

You know, if everybody on here misses PH so much then why don't you just go back to the forum??? It is SOOOOOO small now compared to what it was two years ago but now I guess I know why. There are bairly any good tech people on their anymore, I feel like a Guru on their now and that ShOULD not BE!!! I love this forum probably more than PH but I do miss what it once was so lets all rally 2 gether and bring it back..................?? anybody??

Mean_B16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 10:03 PM   #50
Crxflippr
AF Newbie

ok, was going to attach a picture but the file was too big. But the pic is of the Stamp and tranny sticker. The stamp has B16A 60168, and the tranny sticker shows Y1-J017008, I know this doesn't give the Serial# but is there anything you can tell about this?
Crxflippr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 10:43 PM   #51
Plasmex
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plasmex
A while back, after i posted this
I checked the # on the block, Its a B16a 1,000,000 #
So Im just gonna assume its out of a crx SiR 1st gen
Altho Ive got the hydraulic tranny from a 00' si so no cable tranny for me. heh
Anyways, I just thought i would follow up
Old 07-16-2003, 11:14 PM   #52
chechin
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to chechin
Quote:
Originally posted by Plasmex
A while back, after i posted this
I checked the # on the block, Its a B16a 1,000,000 #
So Im just gonna assume its out of a crx SiR 1st gen
Altho Ive got the hydraulic tranny from a 00' si so no cable tranny for me. heh
Anyways, I just thought i would follow up
I think it's from an Integra Xsi or Rsi, the B16A's from SiRs are 5 million series, I also got a B16A with 1.2 million series and it came w/auto tranny, i checked the honda specs and there was no SiRs w/auto tranny.
chechin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 06:07 AM   #53
jcrx
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by chechin

I think it's from an Integra Xsi or Rsi, the B16A's from SiRs are 5 million series, I also got a B16A with 1.2 million series and it came w/auto tranny, i checked the honda specs and there was no SiRs w/auto tranny.
Yes, SiR/SiRII from 92+ had an auto option, and when I get to my computer I will give you the link to Honda Japans website with them on it.
Old 07-20-2003, 03:01 PM   #54
chechin
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by jcrx

Yes, SiR/SiRII from 92+ had an auto option, and when I get to my computer I will give you the link to Honda Japans website with them on it.
I'll appreciate when you post the information, it will be very helpful.
Old 08-19-2003, 04:51 AM   #55
jcrx
AF Enthusiast

Re: JDM B16a Spotting!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chechin
I'll appreciate when you post the information, it will be very helpful.
http://www.honda.co.jp/HOT/ModelData...09a/index.html

When you look at the site click on the SiRII link at the bottom, and you will come to a page with a picture of a yellow EG6 and some gibberish with a blue link at the bottom of the segment, click the blue link, scroll down till you pass B16A, you will see some numbers that are 170 and 155 next to each other, those are the PS (Hp) figures for both manual/auto motors.

Or you can go to www.babelfish.altavista.com and insert that web address into the website translation line, and select japanese to english.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:22 PM   #56
swappd
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to swappd

can anyone help me find a distributor sub assembly for my b16a motor it came from an integra xsi a 91 and i am having a hella hard time finding that part i need just dont know where to look.
swappd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 10:24 PM   #57
chechin
AF Regular

I have one Distributor came off an Integra Xsi 90, if you're interested send me an email to tmcesar95@hotmail.com
Old 12-15-2003, 12:29 AM   #58
MexSiR
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to MexSiR

WTF?
I have a civic SiR 1999 and the engine code reads:
B16A2 1702677 HM

since mine is a newer engine isnt it supposed to be a 5 mill or that shit? dont get it...
Porsche RS America
BMW 323 01
Pictures of my ride (Pictures)
MexSiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 12:38 AM   #59
jcrx
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: JDM B16a Spotting!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexSiR
WTF?
I have a civic SiR 1999 and the engine code reads:
B16A2 1702677 HM

since mine is a newer engine isnt it supposed to be a 5 mill or that shit? dont get it...
Those numbers only apply to JDM models, not canadian or US Si/SiR's.
Old 12-25-2003, 11:32 PM   #60
jmnastee00civ
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to jmnastee00civ
Im going for a swap....I didn't want to start a thread that is probably active and has been done before.....So check my signature...Those are my two options.....Any suggestions???

My new ride: 2003 Honda Civic Si

Performance mods will be in the works
jmnastee00civ is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > JDM Motor & Parts info/chat